OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY [1999]

Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY [1999]

How Far Would You Go To Become Someone Else




If I could just go back... if I could rub everything out... starting with myself.
[Tom Ripley]






[Dickie Greenleaf]: Everybody should have one talent, what's yours? 
[Tom Ripley]: Forging signatures, telling lies... impersonating practically anybody.
[Dickie Greenleaf]: That's three, nobody should have more than one talent. 






[Tom Ripley]: Don't you just take the past, and put it in a room in the basement, and lock the door and never go in there? 
That's what I do. 
[Peter]: God, yes. Though in my case, it's probably a whole building.










Good things about Mr. Ripley? Could take some time. 
Tom is talented. Tom is tender. Tom is beautiful. Tom is a mystery. Tom is not a nobody. 
Tom has secrets he doesn't want to tell me, and I wish he would. 
Tom has nightmares. That's not a good thing. 
Tom has someone to love him. That is a good thing. 
Tom is crushing me. Tom is crushing me... Tom, you're crushing me! 
[Peter]



You know, people always say that you can't choose your parents, 
but you can't choose your children... 
[Herbert Greenleaf]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment