OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN [2003]

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN [2003]

Growing Pains? 
They've Got Twelve Of Them!



Twelve kids later and we still got the heat.
[Tom]
 

Okay, I'll stay a few extra days, but call me if anything's wrong. 
The house blows up, the kids stage a coup, I'm home.
[Kate]

I guess you could say that when Tom and I left Midland 
we had a mess of theories about how to raise children. 
We still have a mess of children, but no theories. 
Sure, 12 is still our number. 
It's the number of months my book was on the bestseller list. 
It's the number of job offers Tom turned down before we found one close to home. 
And each day it's the number of times I'm thankful there's such a thing as family.
[Kate]


Are you sure we're going to fit in here, dad?
[Lorraine]

Call me crazy Pops but things are getting pretty twisted around here.
[Lorraine]

Does anyone besides me think our ‘happier and stronger’ life, 
is actually code for ‘nastier and suckier’?
[Sarah]

Yeah, without you, we wouldn't be the twelve Bakers anymore. 
We'd be, eleven.
[Jake]

This is the moneymaker! 
I'm not that good of an actor! 
This is how I get the jobs, I know that.
[Hank, motions to his face]

All I'm saying is families are inevitable they're like death or taxes.
[Hank]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment