OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [2003]

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [2003]

Everything That Has A Beginning 
Has An End


Sati: Good morning.
Neo: Who are you?
Sati: My name is Sati. Your name is Neo.
My papa says you're not supposed to be here. He says you must be lost. Are you lost, Neo?
Neo: Where am I?
Sati: This is the train station.
Neo: This isn't the matrix?
Sati: That's where the train goes. That's where we're going, but you cannot go with us.
Neo: Why not?
Sati: He won't let you.
Neo: Who won't?
Sati: The Trainman. I don't like him.
But my papa says we have to do what The Trainman says or else he will leave us here forever and ever.

Trinity: Do you know what happened to Neo?
Oracle: Yes. 
He is trapped in a place between this world and the machine world.
The link is controlled by a program called The Trainman.
He uses it to smuggle programs in and out of the matrix.
If he finds out where Neo is before you get to him, then I'm afraid our choices are going to become difficult.
Trinity: Why?
Oracle: Because of who The Trainman works for.
Morpheus: The Merovingian.
Oracle: He has placed a bounty on your lives. You must be careful at all times.

Neo: You are programs.
Rama-Kandra: Oh, yes. I am the power-plant system manager for recycling operations.
My wife is an interactive software programmer. She is highly creative.
Kamala: What are you doing here? You do not belong here.
Rama-Kandra: Kamala. Goodness, I apologize. My wife can be very direct.
Neo: It's okay. I don't have an answer. I don't even know where 'here' is.
Rama-Kandra: This place is nowhere. It is between your world and our world.
Neo: Who's The Trainman?
Rama-Kandra: He works for The Frenchman.
Neo: Why did I know you would say that?
Rama-Kandra: The Frenchman does not forget, and he does not forgive.
Neo: You know him?
Rama-Kandra: I know only what I need to know.
I know that if you want to take something from our world into your world that does not belong there, you must go to The Frenchman.
Neo: Is that what you're doing here?
Kamala: Rama, please.
Rama-Kandra: I do not want to be cruel, Kamala. He may never see another face for the rest of his life.
Neo: I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that question.
Rama-Kandra: No, I don't mind. The answer is simple.
I love my daughter very much. I find her to be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
But where we are from, this is not enough.
Every program that is created must have a purpose. If it does not, it is deleted.
I went to The Frenchman to save my daughter.
You do not understand...
Neo: I just have never...
Rama-Kandra: Heard a program speak of love.
Neo: It is a human emotion.
Rama-Kandra: No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies.
I see that you are in love.
Can you tell me what you would give to hold on to that connection?
Neo: Anything.
Rama-Kandra: Then perhaps the reason you are here is not so different than the reason I am here.
  Rama-Kandra: My wife and I must return to our world.
Neo: Why?
Rama-Kandra: That is our karma.
Neo: You believe in karma?
Rama-Kandra: Karma is a word, like love.
A way of saying, 'what am I here to do.'
I do not resent my karma. I'm grateful for it.
Grateful for my wonderful wife, for my beautiful daughter.
They are gifts, and so do I what I must do to honor them.


I built this place.
Down here, I make the rules.
Down here, I make the threats.
Down here, I'm God.
~The Trainman

Trinity: You wanna make a deal? How about this?
You give me Neo, or we all die, right here, right now.
Merovingian: Interesting deal.
You are really ready to die for this man?
Trinity, cocks the gun: Believe it.
Persephone: She'll do it.  If she has to, she'll kill every one of us. She's in love.
Merovingian: It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity.

Oracle: I told you before,
no one can see beyond the choice they don't understand, and I mean no one.
Neo: What choice?
Oracle: It doesn't matter. It's my choice. I have mine to make, same as you have yours.
Neo: Does that include what things to tell me and what not to?
Oracle: Of course not.
Neo: Why didn't you tell me about The Architect?
Why didn't you tell me about Zion and the ones before me?
Why didn't you tell me the truth?
Oracle: Because it wasn't time for you to know.
Neo: Who decided it wasn't time?
Oracle: You know who.
Neo, reading the board: I did. Then I think it's time for me to know a few more things.
Oracle: So do I.
Neo: Tell me how I separated my mind from my body without jacking in.
Tell me how I stopped 4 sentinels by thinking it.
Tell me just what the hell is happening to me.
Oracle: The power of The One extends beyond this world.
It reaches from here all the way back to where it came from.
Neo: Where?
Oracle: The Source.
That's what you felt when you touched those sentinels, but you weren't ready for it.
You should be dead, but apparently you weren't ready for that either.
Neo: The Architect told me that if I didn't return to the source, Zion would be destroyed tonight.
Oracle: Please, you and I may not be able to see beyond our own choices, but that man can't see past any choice.
Neo: Why not?
Oracle: He doesn't understand them. He can't.
To him, they are variables in an equation.
One at a time, each variable must be solved, then countered.
That's his purpose. To balance the equation.
Neo: What's your purpose?
Oracle: To unbalance it.
Neo: Why? What do you want?
Oracle: I want the same thing you want, Neo. And I'm willing to go as far as you are to get it.
Neo: To end of the war. [Oracle nods] Is it going to end?
Oracle: One way or another.
Neo: Can Zion be saved?
Oracle: I'm sorry, I don't have the answer to that question, but...
If there is an answer, there's only one place you're going to find it.
Neo: Where?
Oracle: You know where.
And if you can't find the answer, then I'm afraid there may be no tomorrow for any of us.
Neo: What does that mean?
Oracle: Everything that has a beginning, has an end.
I see the end coming. I see the darkness spreading. I see death.
And you are all that stands in his way.
Neo: Smith.
Oracled, nods: Very soon, he is going to have the power to destroy this world.
But I believe he won't stop there. He can't.
He won't stop until there's nothing left at all.
Neo: What is he?
Oracle: He is you. Your opposite, your negative.
The result of the equation trying to balance itself out.
Neo: And if I can't stop him?
Oracle: One way or another, Neo, this war is going to end.
Tonight, the future of both worlds will be in your hands or in his.


Mifune: Who the hell are you?
Kid: A unit volunteer, sir.
Mifune: What's a pod-born pencil-neck like you doing volunteering for my corps?
Kid: I want to do my part, sir. We gotta hold the dock.
Mifune: How old are you, kid?
Kid: 18.
Mifune: Should have said 16, I might have believed that.
Kid: Okay, I'm 16.
Mifune: Minimum age for the corps is 18. 16's too young.
Kid: The machines don't care how old I am. They'll kill me just the same.
Mifune: Ain't that the goddamn truth.

Neo: I know I'm supposed to go. But beyond that... I don't know, I...
Trinity: I know. You don't think you're coming back.
I knew it the moment you said you had to leave. I could see it in your face.
Just like you knew the moment you looked at me that I was coming with you.
Neo: I'm scared, Trin.
Trinity: So am I. It took me 10 minutes to buckle up one boot.
But I'll tell you something.
6 hours ago, I told The Merovingian I was ready to give anything and everything for you.
Do you know what's changed in the last 6 hours?
Neo: No.
Trinity: Nothing.

This is it.
You all know me, so I'll just say this as simple as I can.
If it's our time to die, it's our time.
All I ask is, if we have to give these bastards our lives, we give them hell before we do!
~Mifune


I don't know if what he's doing is right.
I don't know if he'll reach the machine city.
And if he does, I don't know what he can do to save us.
But I do know that as long as there is a single breath in his body, he will not give up.
And neither can we.
~Morpheus



Neo: We made it.
Trinity: You said we would.
Neo: It's unbelievable, Trin.
Light everywhere. Like the whole thing was built of light.
I wish you could see what I see.
Trinity: You've already shown me so much.

Trinity: You brought me back once. But not this time.
Do you remember on that roof, after you caught me, the last thing I said to you?
Neo: You said "I'm sorry."
Trinity: I wish I hadn't.
That was my last thought.
I wish I had one more chance to say what really mattered, to say how much I loved you,
how grateful I was for every moment I was with you. 
But by the time I knew how to say what I wanted it, it was too late.
But you brought me back. You gave me my wish.
One more chance to say what I really wanted to say.

Neo, if you're gonna do something, you better do it quick.
~Link

Neo: I only ask to say what I've come to say.
After that, do what you want, and I won't try and stop you.
Deus Ex Machina: Speak!
Neo: The program Smith has grown beyond your control.
Soon he will spread through this city as he spread through the matrix.
You cannot stop him. But I can.
Deus Ex Machina: We don't need you! We need nothing!
Neo: If that's true, then I've made a mistake, and you should kill me now.
Deus Ex Machina: What do you want?
Neo: Peace.

Deus Ex Machina: And if you fail?
Neo: I won't.

Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting?
Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival?
Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know?
Is it freedom or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love?
Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception.
Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect
trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose!
And all of them as artificial as the matrix itself
although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love.
You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now.
You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting.
Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you persist?
Neo: Because I choose to.

Oracle: Well, now, ain't this a surprise.
Architect: You played a very dangerous game.
Oracle: Change always is.
Architect: Just how long do you think this peace is going to last?
Oracle: As long as it can.
What about the others?
Architect: What others?
Oracle: The ones that want out.
Architect: Obviously, they will be freed.
Oracle: I have your word?
Architect: What do you think I am? Human?





 
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment