OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: X2: X-MEN UNITED [2003]

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

X2: X-MEN UNITED [2003]

The Time Has Come For Those Who Are Different To Stand United


Mutants.
Since the discovery of their existence they have been regarded with fear, suspicion, often hatred. 
Across the planet, debate rages.
Are mutants the next link in the evolutionary chain, or simply a new species of humanity,
fighting for their share of the world?
Either way, it is an historical fact, sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute.
~Professor X

Scott: It's not just a headache, is it?
Listen, I wasn't really sure how to say this, but ever since Liberty Island, you've been...
Jean Grey: Scott...
Scott: You've been different.
Jean Grey: My telepathy's been off lately.
I can't seem to focus. I can hear everything.
Scott: It's not just your telepathy.
A month ago, you had to concentrate just to levitate a book or a chair across the room.
Now, when you have a nightmare, the entire bedroom shakes.
Jean Grey: My dream are getting worse.
I keep feeling something terrible is about to happen.
Scott: I would never let anything happen to you.

Stryker: It isn't a petting zoo, Senator.
In this conflict, he is the enemy, you're just a spectator.
So why don't you sit this one out, all right?
Senator Kelly: Conflict?
Mr. Stryker, do you really want to turn this into some kind of war?
Stryker: I was piloting black-ops missions in the jungles of North Vietnam
while you were sucking on your mama's tit at Woodstock, Kelly.
Don't lecture me about war.
This already is a war.
 
Through Cerebro, I'm connected to them, and they to me.
We're not as alone as you think.
~Professor X

Logan: I need you to read my mind again.
Prof. X: I'm afraid the results will be the same as before.
Logan: We had a deal.
Prof. X: The mind is not a box that can be simply unlocked and opened.
It's a beehive with a million different compartments.
Logan: Spare me the lecture.
Prof. X: I have no doubt that your amnesia, your adamantium skeleton, the claws are all somehow connected.
But, Logan, sometimes the mind needs to discover things for itself.


I didn't realize Xavier was taking in animals, even animals as unique as you.
~William Stryker, to Wolverine

 Prof. X: William, you wanted me to cure your son.
 But mutation is not a disease.
Stryker: You're lying!
You were more frightened of him than I was.
You know, just 1 year after Jason returned from your school, my wife...
You see, he resented us.
He blamed us for his condition.
So he would toy with our minds, projecting visions and scenarios into our brains.
My wife, in the end, she took a power drill to her left temple in an attempt to bore the images out.
My boy, the great illusionist.

For someone who hates mutants, you certainly keep some strange company.
~Professor Charles Xavier, to William Stryker

Bobby's Dad: You have to understand.
We thought Bobby was going to a school for the gifted.
Rogue: Bobby is gifted.

Nightcrawler: You know, outside of the circus, most people were afraid of me.
But I didn't hate them. I pitied them.
Do you know why?
Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own 2 eyes.
Storm: I gave up on pity a long time ago.
Nightcrawler: Someone so beautiful should not be so angry.
Storm: Sometimes anger can help you survive.
Nightcrawler: So can faith.





 Jean Grey: So, who's this Stryker anyway?
Magneto: He's a military scientist.
He spent his whole life trying to solve the mutant problem.

Jean Grey: I love him.
Logan: Do you?
Jean Grey: Girls flirt with the dangerous guy, Logan, they don't take him home.
They marry the good guy.
Logan: I could be the good guy.
Jean Grey: Logan, the good guy sticks around.

Magneto: What's your name?
Pyro: John.
Magneto: What's your real name, John?
Pyro, make some trick with fire: Pyro.
Magneto: Quite a talent you have there, Pyro.
Pyro: I can only manipulate the fire.
I can't create it.
Magneto: You are a god among insects.
Never let anyone tell you different.


The tricky thing about adamantium is that if you ever manage to process its raw, liquid form,
you gotta keep it that way.
Keep it hot.
Because once the metal cools, it's indestructible.
~William Stryker

 How does it look from there, Charles?
Still fighting the good fight?
From here, it doesn't look like they're playing by your rules.
Maybe it's time to play by theirs.
~Magneto

If you really knew about your past, what kind of person you were, the work we did together...
People don't change, Wolverine.
 You were an animal then, you're an animal now.
I just gave you claws.
~William Stryker



Stryker: You're a survivor, always have been.
Wolverine: I thought I was just an animal... with claws.
If we die, you die.

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the death, I will fear no evil, 
for thou art with me.
~Nightcrawler

 Mutation.
 It is the key to our evolution.
It is how we have evolved from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet.
This process is slow, normally taking thousands and thousands of years.
But every few hundred millennia evolution leaps forward.
~Jean Grey


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment