OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: ANASTASIA [1997]

Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

ANASTASIA [1997]

Discover The Adventure Behind The Greatest Mystery Of Our Time

 Saint Petersburg is gloomy.
Saint Petersburg is bleak.
My underwear got frozen standing here all weak.
Since the revolution out lives have been so gray.
Thank goodness for the gossip that gets us through the day.
Have you heard there's a rumour in Saint Petersburg?
Have you hear what they're saying on the street?
Although The Czar did not survive, one daughter may be still alive.
The Princess Anastasia.
It's a rumour, a legend, a mystery.
Something whispered in an alleyway or through a crack.
It's a rumour, that's part of our history.
They say her royal grandmamma will pay a royal sum.
To someone who can bring the princess back.

Everything's going according to plan.
All we need is a girl.
Just think, Vlad, no more forging papers, no more stolen goods.
We'll have 3 tickets out of here,
one for you, one for me, and one for Anastasia.
~Dmitri

I am grateful, grateful to get away.
"Go left," she says.
Well, I know what's to the left.
I'll be 'Anya the orphan' forever.
But if I go right, maybe I could find... whoever gave me this necklace must have loved me.
~Anya

Heart don't fail me now, courage don't desert me,
don't turn back now that we're here.
People always say, life is full of choices, no one ever mentions fear,
or how the world can seem so vast, on the journey to the past.
Somewhere down this road I know someone's waiting,
years of dreams just can't be wrong.
Arms will open wide, I'll be safe and wanted, finally home where I belong.
Well starting now I'm learning fast, 
on this journey to the past.
Home, love, family, there was once a time I must have had them, too.
One hope then another, who knows where this road may go?
Back to who I was, on to find my future, things my heart still needs to know.
Yes, let this be a sign, let this road be mine, let it lead me to my past,
and bring home at last.
~Anya



Dmitri: Do you ever think about the posibillity?
Anya: That I could be royalty? [Dmitri & Vladimir shook their head]
Well, I don't know, 
it's kind of hard to think of yourself as a duchess when you're sleeping on a damp floor.
But sure, every lonely girl would hope she's a princess.

Take it easy there, sir, really, you should watch your blood pressure.
My nephew, Izzie, just keeled over one day, mid-mango.
Stress, it's a killer, sir.
And he's a fruit bat. 
No meat, no blood even.
~Bartok

Just wishing I could do the job for you, sir.
I'd give her a ahhh,
and a haiyyaaaa,
and then whoo-ahhhh,
and I'd kick her, sir.
~Bartok

Look at me, Dmitri.
I am not exactly grand duchess material here.
~Anya

There is nothing left for you back there, my dear.
Everything is in Paris.
~Vladimir

I should never let them dance.
~Vladimir


Three days ago I didn't have any past at all
and now I'm trying to remember an entire lifetime.
~Anya

Sophie: Finally, you'll most likely find this an impertinent question, but indulge me.
How did you escape during the siege of the palace?
Anya: There was a boy... a boy who worked in the palace.
He opened a wall. [giggles]
I'm sorry, that's crazy... walls opening...

Vlad: WEEEE DID IT!!!
We're going to see The Imperial Highness tonight.
We're going to get the 10 million roubles.
We're going to be...
Dmitri: Vlad... Vlad... She is the princess.
Vlad, ignoring him: Anya was extraordinary! I almost believed her!



Dmitri: We don't have anything to be nervous about.
She's the princess.
Vlad: I know, I know, but...
Dmitri: No, no, you don't know.
I was the boy in the palace, the one who opened the wall.
She's the real thing, Vlad.
Vlad: That means our Anya has found her family.
We have found the heir to the Russian throne.
And you...
Dmitri: Will walk out of her life forever.
Vlad: But...
Dmitri: Princesses don't marry kitchen boys.

Tell that impertinent young man that I have seen enough Grand Duchess Anastasias
to last me a lifetime.
~Dowager Empress Marie

Dowager Empress Marie: I know what you're after.
I've seen it before.
Man who trained young women in the royal ways.
Dmitri: But Your Highness, will you just listen?
Dowager Empress Marie: Haven't you been listening? I've had enough!
I don't care how mush you have fashioned this girl to look like her,
sound like her or act like her.
In the end, it is never her!
Dmitri: This time it is her.

Sir, I'm begging you.
Please, please, forget the girl and get a life.
~Bartok

Dowager Empress Marie: Young man, where did you get that music box?
You were the boy, weren't you?
The servant boy who got us out.
You saved her life, and mine, then you restored her to me.
Yet, you want no reward?
Dmitri: Not anymore.
Dowager Empress Marie: Why the change of mind?
Dmitri: It was more a change of heart.

Dowager Empress Marie: He's not there.
Anya: Oh, I know he's not here...
Who's not there, Grandmamma?
Dowager Empress Marie: A remarkable young man who found a music box.
Anya: Well, he's probably too busy spending his reward money as fast as he can.
Dowager Empress Marie: Look at them dance.
You were born into this world of glittering jewels and fine titles.
But I wonder if this is what you really want.
Anya: Of course, of course it is.
I found what I was looking for.
I found out who I am.
I found you.
Dowager Empress Marie: Yes, you did find me.
And you'll always have me.
But is it enough? [hug her]
My darling, he didn't take the money.
Anya: He didn't?
Dowager Empress Marie: Knowing that you are alive, 
seeing the woman you have become, bring me joy I never thought I could feel again.
Whatever you choose, we will always have each other.

Rasputin!!!
Destroyed by your despicable family.
But what goes around, comes around.
~Rasputin

Sophie: They've eloped. Isn't it romantic?
It's a perfect ending.
Dowager Empress Marie: No, it's a perfect beginning.


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment