OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: STARSHIP TROOPERS [1997]

Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

STARSHIP TROOPERS [1997]

When You Battle 6 Trillion Enemies That Will Eat You Alive, 
There Are Only Two Rules... 
EVERYONE FIGHTS
NO ONE QUITS

[Johnny Rico]: Mr. Rasczak, I want to join the Federal Service and become a citizen. 
But my Dad thinks I should go to college and remain a civilian as he has. 
What should I do? 
[Jean Rasczak]: Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. 
Use that freedom. 


[Dizzy]: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.
[Jean Rasczak]: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that. 
*to Carmen* 
You.
[Carmen]: They wouldn't say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed. 
[Jean Rasczak]: Correct. Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. 
The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. 


This is for all you new people: I only have one rule. 
Everyone fights. No one quits. 
You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. 
You get me? 
[Jean Rasczak]

You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing. 
[Jean Rasczak]


Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. 
I know now. 
A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. 
But most important, she was a citizen of the Federation.
[Johnny Rico]




*****

No comments:

Post a Comment