OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE ENGLISH PATIENT [1996]

Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

THE ENGLISH PATIENT [1996]

In Love, There Are No Boundaries

[Almasy]: What do you love?
[Kataharine Clifton]: What do I love?
[Almasy]: Say everything.
[Katharine Clifton]: Hm, let's see... Water. Fish in it. And hedgehogs; I love hedgehogs.
[Almasy]: And what else? 
[Katharine Clifton]: Marmite - I'm addicted. 
And baths. But not with other people. 
Islands. 
Your handwriting. 
I could go on all day.
[Almasy]: Go on all day. 
[Katharine Clifton]: My husband. 
[Almasy]: What do you hate most?
[Katharine Clifton]: A lie. What do you hate most?
[Almasy]: Ownership. Being owned. When you leave, you should forget me.

[Almasy]: I just wanted you to know: I'm not missing you yet.
[Katharine Clifton]: You will.





How can you ever smile, as if your life hadn't capsized?
[Almasy]

There is no God, but I hope someone watches over you.
[Almasy]

New lovers are nervous and tender, but smash everything. 
For the heart is an organ of fire.
[Almasy]




I have to teach myself not to read too much into everything. 
It comes from too long having to read so much into hardly anything at all.
[Madox]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment