OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE [1997]

Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE [1997]

The Devil's Advocate
Evil Has Its Winning Ways


 I need a quote. Give me a quote.
"Mr. Lomax had no comment on today's events.
Speculation, however, was widespread that the young lawyer's unblemished string of victories would come to an end in this courtroom."
It was a nice run, Kev.
Had to close out someday.
Nobody wins them all.
~Larry

Alice: Let me tell you about New York.
"Fallen, fallen, is Babylon.
It has become a dwelling place of demons." Revelation 18.
Wouldn't hurt you to look it over.
Kevin: Couldn't forget it if I tried.
Alice: Oh, really? And what happened to Babylon?
Kevin: "Thou mighty city, in one hour has thy mighty judgement come.
And the light of a single lamp shall shine in thee no more."

Kevin: It's been great. The whole thing's been great.
John: That's our secret. Kill you with kindness.

Jackie: I want to see Leamon, I make an appointment.
Mary Ann, giggles: You're kidding, right?
[Jackie shaking her head] God, how you handle it?
Jackie: Take a look around, honey.
Look, you've got 3 choices.
The Holy Trinity; you can work, you can play, or you can breed.

I'm the hand of Monalisa's skirt.
I'm a surprise, Kevin.
They don't see me coming.
That's what you're missing.
~John Milton

If you never see your husband, have a relationship with his money.
~Diana Barzoon

I know we have all this money and it's supposed to be fun, but it's not!
It's like a test.
The whole thing is like one big test.
~Mary Ann Lomax

Maybe it's true.
Maybe God threw the dice once too often.
Maybe He let us all down.
~John Milton

John: Got to go with your gut.
Kevin: That's your advice?
John: I'll back you either way.
Maybe it's your time to lose.
Think I haven't lost before?

I know why this is happening.
It's the money. Blood money.
We just drank it down, both of us.
We knew it.
Winning those cases, taking the money.
We knew they were guilty, but you just kept on winning every time.
~Mary Ann Lomax



Kevin: What did you do to Mary Ann?
John: Free will. It's like butterfly wings.
Once touched, they never get off the ground.
I only set the stage. You pull your own strings.
Kevin: What did you do to Mary Ann? [point a gun to John]
John: A gun? In here?
Kevin: Goddamn it, what did you do to my wife?
John: Well, on a scale of 1 to 10, 
10 being the most depraved act of sexual theater known to man,
1 being your average Friday night run-through at the Lomaxes,
I'd say, not to be immodest, Mary Ann and I got it on at about 7.
Kevin: FUCK YOU!!!! [shooting John]

Kevin: Who are you?
John: Who am I?
Who are you?
Never lost a case, why? Why do you think?
Because you're so fucking good? Yes! But why?
Kevin: Because you're my father?
John: I'm a little more that that, Kevin.
Awfully hot in that courtroom, wasn't it?
"What's the game plan, Kevin?
It was a nice run, Kev. had to close out someday.
Nobody wins them all."
Kevin: What are you?
John: Oh, I have so many names...
Kevin: Satan!
John: Call me dad.



I want you to be yourself.
Guilt... it's like a bag of fucking bricks.
All you got to do is set it down.
~John Milton

Let me give you a little inside information about God. 
God likes to watch. He's a prankster. 
Think about it. 
He gives man instincts. 
He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, 
I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, 
He sets the rules in opposition. 
It's the goof of all time. 
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? 
He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! 
He's a tight-ass! 
He's a SADIST! 
He's an absentee landlord! 
Worship that? 
NEVER! 
~John Milton

Kevin: "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven," is that it?
John: Why not?

Kevin: In the Bible you lose.
We're destined to lose, Dad.
John: Consider the Source, son.

Diaboli virtus in lumbis est. Diaboli virtus in lumbis est. 
The virtue of the devil is in his loins. 
~John Milton


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment