OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: EAT PRAY LOVE [2010]

Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

EAT PRAY LOVE [2010]

Eat Pray Love
Let Yourself Go
Ketut, palm reading: You are a world traveler.
You will live a long time.
Have many friends, many experiences.
You will have 2 marriages. One long, one short.
Liz: Am I in the long one or the short one?
Ketut: Can't tell.
Also, you will lose all your money. I think in next 6 to 10 months.
Don't worry, you will get it all back again.
And you will come back to Bali and live here for 3 or 4 months and teach me English.

Keep grounded, so it's like you have 4 legs.
That way, you can stay in this world.
Also, no looking at world through your head. 
Look through your heart, instead.
That way, you will know God.
~Ketut Liyer

Liz, having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face.
You knid of wanna be fully committed.
~Delia Shiraz

Hello, God. Nice to finally meet you.
I am sorry I've never spoken directly to you before, 
but I hope I've expressed my ample gratitude for all the blessings you've given to me in my life.
I'm in serious trouble.
I don't know what to do.
I need an answer.
Please, tell me waht to do.
Oh, God, help me please.
Tell me what to do and I'll do it.
~Liz, praying

Stephen: You have screwed up my life.
But what I wanna know is why couldn't you find yourself in our marriage?
Why didn't you say what you were thinking?
Liz: I did. You never listened to me.
Stephen: No!
You never said, 'Hey, you know what? You suck! I'm deeply unhappy!'
You just took off!
You never gave me a chance to address those problems!
That's not fair! That's just quitting!
I took vows. Till death. And I take them seriously.
I believe this is just a phase and I'm willing to wait it out.
Liz: You are always waiting, Stephen.
Waiting for me to come home, to wanna have kids, to make you some great dinner.
I don't know why we can't accept that we don't wanna live in unhappiness anymore?
Stephen: I accept the fact that I am ocassionally unreliable and I often get side tracked,
but I thought you like that about me.
I thought it was okay that I had hopes and dreams.
Liz: Have a dram, Stephen, great, fine! Do that!
Just pick one!
Stephen: Okay, I pick one. I pick you!

Liz: Do you know what I felt when I woke up, Delia?
Nothing!
No passion, no spark, no faith, no heat, absolutely nothing!
I've gotten past the point where I can be calling this a bad moment.
And it just terrifies me.
Jesus, this is like worse than death to me,
the idea that this is the person I'm gonna be from now on?
Delia: This happens to people.
They fall in love in their 20's, get married,
do the granite counter, white-picket fence in their 30's,
and somewhere they realize 'this is not for me'.
So they fail and they fall down, they hurt like hell, 
they straighten up and march their asses to the shrink's office.
They can't just check out.
Liz: I am not checking out! 
I need to change.
Delia: You have a support system here, Liz.
You have friends and family who love you.
Liz: And do you feel my love? For you?
My support for you?
No! There's like nothing!
I have no pulse!

You wanna know how to be here?
Stop constantly waiting for something.
~David


There is a wonderful old Italian joke 
about a poor man who goes to church every day and pray before the statue of a great saint,
begging: "Dear Saint, please please please, let me win the lottery."
Finally, the exasperated statue comes to life and looks down at the begging man and says,
"My son, please please please buy a ticket"
~Liz Gilbert

No strange man spending the night.
You American girls when you come to Italy all you want is pasta and sausage.
~Landlady

He says, you can't learn Italian like this.
You don't speak the language just with your mouth.
Speak it with your hands.
~Giovanni, translating the barber

Sofi: So, what's your word, Liz? I'm curious. I can't figure it out.
Liz: It might be...
It started as 'daughter', I was good at that.
And then 'wife', not so good.
'Girlfriend', not so good.
My word's... writer.
Giulio: Yeah, but that's what you do.
That isn't who you are, no?
Sofi: Maybe you're a woman in search of her word.

Ruin is a gift.
Ruin is a road to transformation.
~Liz Gilbert


Richard: Why'd you come here?
Liz: I just want some peace.
Richard: Peace?
You wanna get to the castle, Groceries, you got to swim the moat.

Richard: You have to learn to select your thoughts the way you select your clothes every day.
That's a power you can cultivate.
You wanna come here and control your life so bad, work on the mind.
That's the only thing you should control.
If you can't master your thoughts, you're in trouble.
Liz: I am trying.
Richard: Yeah, hello, that's the damn problem. Stop trying!
Surrender...
Go out into the garden and just sit there and still your mind and you watch what happens.
Why don't you just let it be?

If you could clear out all that space in your mind that you're using to obsess over this guy and your failed marriage, you'd have a vacuum with a doorway.
And you know what the universe would do with that doorway?
Boom! Rush in! God would rush in!
Fill you with more love that you ever dreamed of, Groceries.
I think you have the capacity someday to love the whole world.
~Richard

Richard: You're gonna stay here till you forgave yourself, you hear me?
Everything else will take care of itself.
Liz: Is this where you forgave yourself?
Richard: I'm trying, Elizabeth, I am trying.

Liz: I did love you, Stephen.
Stephen: I know. But I still love you.
Liz: So love me.
Stephen: But I miss you.
Liz: So miss me.
Send me love and light every time you think of me, then drop it.
It won't last forever.
Nothing does.

Believe in love again.
~Richard

People in Bali understand, 
in order to stay happy, must always know where you are every moment.
Right here is perfect balance.
Right at meeting of heaven and earth.
Not too much God, not too much selfish.
Otherwise, life too crazy.
You lose balance, you lose power.
~Ketut Liyer

Smile with face.
Smile with mind.
Even smile in liver.
~Ketut Liyer

Ketut, palm reading: You are a world traveler.
Liz: He says that to everyone.
Ketut: Already make your money.
You don't have young-man ambition.
Felipe, glance to Liz: He's good.
Ketut: You have 3 children.
Felipe: Two. That's a callous. [everyone's laughing]
Ketut: And you have divorce. Very difficult.
You loved her very much.
You haven't healed that wound.
Now you are scared to open your heart.
You are afraid hurt will happen to you again.
Only way to heal is to trust.
This okay.
To have broken heart mean you have tried for something.
Felipe: Is it going to be broken again?
Nyoman, passing by: He's a good man, Liz. You need a good man.
Liz, rolling her eyes: Thank you.
Ketut: True. Ketut knows.

Liz: I am so sick of people telling me I need a man.
Felipe: You don't need a man, Liz. You need a champion.

Leon: So have you slept with her yet?
Felipe: What was that?
Leon: Have you slept with her yet?
Felipe: Crossing the line...
Leon: Dad, it's been 10 years. It's time.

When I was in Italy, I learned a word.
"Tutti", which in Italian means "Everybody".
So that's the lesson, isn't it?
When you set out in the world to help yourself, sometimes you end up helping... Tutti.
~Liz Gilbert

I have the same fears, I have the same scars that you have, and I showed them to you.
But I guess the only difference between you and I is that, you are afraid to love again.
~Felipe

Okay, the balance thing.
You traveled around the world to find your balance.
And the balance that you think you've found is what?
Meditating for 20 minutes and going to see an old medicine man?
Listen, balance, my darling, 
balance is not letting anybody love you less than you love yourself.
~Felipe

I do not need to love you to prove that I love myself.
~Liz Gilbert

Ketut: You still smile with your liver, like I tell you?
Liz: Yes.
Ketut: You still meditate like your guru in India teach you?
Liz: Yes.
Ketut: You happy now with God?
Liz: Yes.
Ketut: You love your boyfriend?
Liz: I ended it.
Ketut: Don't understand. Why you do that?
Liz: I couldn't keep my balance.
Ketut: Liss, listen to Ketut.
Sometimes to lose balance for love is part of living balanced life.

In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." 
A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. 
The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: 
If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, 
which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, 
and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, 
and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue 
and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher 
and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, 
then the truth will not be withheld from you.
~Liz Gilbert





***** 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been searching for help on how to get my ex lover back that broke up with me 2 years ago.. I was traumatized by the break up and nearly wanted to commit suicide but I thank God that I got the contact of LORD ZAKUZA the spiritual father that helped me to get back my ex lover after much searching of help from different places. When I got in touch with LORD ZAKUZA, I explained everything to him to he gave me his words of encouragement and told me that he was going to prepare a spell for me that will help me get back my ex lover within 48 hours and I believed in his words for I was referred to him by a friend who he helped and right now, my ex lover is back and we are living happily together to get married next month. If you need any assistance whatsoever like getting cured from sickness, getting pregnant E.T.C. Then, I suggest that you get in touch with LORD ZAKUZA now through his WhatsApp him on + 1 (740) 573–9483 or Email: lordzakuza7@gmail.com I'm forever grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Brenda Bernard, I want to share this great wonderful testimony of my life to everyone. I was married to my husband Maxwell Owens, I love him so much we have been married for 12 years now with four kids.He went on vacation to Dubia where he met a lady called Tracy, he told me that he is no longer interested in our marriage anymore. I became so confused and started seeking help, all efforts to bring him back failed until I met a friend of mine called Sonia and I told her about my problem. She then introduces me to a man called Dr Olumide who cast a spell for her that brought her ex back to her within 48 hours. I contacted Dr Olumide to help me bring back my husband and he asked me not to worry that the oracle of his fore -fathers will fight for me. He told me in 48 hours he will reunite me and my husband together. After three days my husband called and told me he is coming back home to me and the kids. I was surprised when I saw him and he started begging for forgiveness..We are now living together as one happy family now. All thanks to great works of Dr. Olumide..if you need his help you can contact him via: text +1 (747) -322-1094 or whatsapp email: olumidespelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t believe that just with a phone call I made to Dr.Benjamin, I got my ex back to me within 48 hours interval. I had read some stuff about Dr.Benjamin before I called him but I didn’t know that all those stuff were so accurate until I got my ex back, After getting my ex back I taught it wise to share my testimony with everyone on this website that Dr.Benjamin is a real and powerful spell caster that rebuild any broken relationship or marriage with a love spell. Do feel free to Contact Dr.Benjamin Email: benjamincarter171@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete