OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE [2005]

Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE [2005]

Dark And Difficult Times Lie Ahead


 Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement.
This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well.
 Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, The Triwizard Tournament.
 For those of you who do not know, The Triwizard Tournament brings together 3 schools for a series of magical contests.
 From each school, a single student is selected to compete.
 Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone.
And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. 
~Prof. Albus Dumbledore

 Hermione: Alastor Moody? The Auror?
 Ron: Dark-wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him.

 Prof. Moody: Weasley, give us a curse.
 Ron: My dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse.
Prof. Moody: Oh yeah, your father would know all about that. 
Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. 
Perhaps this will show you why. 
[He demonstrate the curse with the spider]
Talented, isn't she?
What should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?
Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. 
But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars?
Longbottom, isn't it?
Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology. 
Neville: There's the Crutiatus Curse. 
Prof. Moody: Correct, correct. Come, come. Particularly nasty.
The torture curse. [to the spider] Crucio!
Hermione: Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him? Stop it!
Prof. Moody, put the spider in front of Hermione: Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Miss Granger.
[Hermione shakes her head]
No? 
Avada Kedavra! [the spider dead] The Killing Curse.
Only one person is known to have survived it and he's sitting in this room.


Prof. Dumbledore: The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum. 
The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour.
The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory. 
Excellent! We now have our 3 champions.
But in the end, only one will go down in history. 
Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, The Triwizard Cup!
 [the flame still burn one more paper of champion's name]
Harry Potter? Harry Potter?
 Prof. Dumbledore: Harry, did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?
Harry: No, sir.
Prof. Dumbledore: Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?
Harry: No, sir. 
Prof. Dumbledore: You're absolutely sure?
Harry: Yes, yes, sir. 
Madame Maxime: But of course he is lying. 
Prof. Moody: The hell he is!
The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object.
Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could've hoodwinked it. 
Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year. 
Igor: You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye. 
Prof. Moody: It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaroff, perhaps you remember.
 Prof. Dumbledore: Leave this to you, Barty.
 Barty: The rules are absolute.
The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. 
Mr. Potter has no choice. 
He is, as of tonight, a Triwizard Champion.
 Prof. Moody: What are you going to do about your dragon?
Harry: Well, you know, I just thought I'd...
Prof. Moody: Listen to me, Potter.
Your pal, Diggory? 
By your age, he could turn a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time.
Miss Delacour? She's as much a fairy princess as I am.
As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust, but Karkaroff's is not.
They'll have a strategy.
And you can bet that it will play to Krum's strengths.
Come on, Potter, what are your strengths?
Harry: I don't know.
Well, I can fly, I mean, I'm a fair flyer, but I...
Prof. Moody: Better than fair, the way I heard it.
Harry: But I'm not allowed a broom.
Prof. Moody: You're allowed a wand.

These represent 4 very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect.
Your objective is simple, collect the egg.
This you must do, for each egg contains a clue,
without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task.
~Barty Crouch

Harry, whispering to Ron: Why do they always travel in packs?
How are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?
[approaching Cho's but couldn't say a word and then they walk away]
Ron: Blimey, Harry, you've slayed dragon. If you can't get a date, who can?
Harry: I think I'd take the dragon right now.


Hermione: Next time there's a ball, pluck up the courage and ask me before somebody else does!
And not as a last resort!
Ron: I mean, that's just completely off the point.
[to Harry] They get scary when they get older.
Hermione: Ron, you spoiled everything!


Neville: If you're interested in plants, you'd better off with Goshawk's Guide to Herbology.
 Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity-resistant trees?
Harry: Neville, no offense, but I really don't care about plants.
Now, if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour than great.
But otherwise...
Neville: I don't know about turnip, but you could always use gillyweed.

Curiosity is not a sin, Harry. But you should exercise caution.
~Prof. Albus Dumbledore

Harry: Sir, these dreams, what I see, you don't think it's actually happening, do you?
Prof. Dumbledore: I think it's unwise for you to linger over these dreams, Harry.
I think it's best if you simply cast them away.

In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep.
Instead, you'll face something even more challenging.
People change in the maze.
Oh, find the cup if you can.
But be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way.
~Prof. Albus Dumbledore.

Bone of the father unwillingly given.
Flesh of the servant willingly sacrificed.
And blood of the enemy forcibly taken.
The Dark Lord shall rise again.

I'd introduce you, but word has it you're almost as famous as me these days.
The boy who lived.
How lies have fed your legend, Harry.
Shall I reveal what really happened that night 13 years ago?
Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers?
It was love.
You see, when dear, sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son
she provided the ultimate protection.
I could not touch him.
It was old magic.
Something I should have foreseen.
But no matter, no matter, things have changed.
I can touch you now.
~Voldemort

I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter. I'm going to destroy you.
After tonight, no one will ever again question my powers.
After tonight, if they speak of you, they'll speak only of how you begged for death.
And I, being a merciful Lord, obliged.
~Voldemort

Don't you dare turn your back on me, Harry Potter!
I want you to look at me when I kill you!
I want to see the light leave your eyes!
~Voldemort

Harry: It was the Portkey. Someone had bewitched it.
Prof. Moody: What was it like? What was he like?
Harry: Who?
Prof. Moody: The Dark Lord.
What was it like to stand in his presence?
Harry: I don't know.
It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams, into one of my nightmares.
Prof. Moody: Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?
Harry: I... I don't think I said anything about a graveyard, Professor.
Prof. Moody: "Marvelous creatures, dragons, aren't they?"
Did you think that oaf would've led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it?
Do you think Cedric Diggory would've told you to open the egg underwater if I hadn't told him first myself?
Do you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder, could've provided you with the gillyweed if I hadn't given him the book that led him straight to it, huh?
Harry: It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the Goblet of Fire.
You bewitched Krum, but you...
Prof. Moody: You won because I made it so, Potter.
You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so.
And now the deed is done.
The blood that runs through these veins runs within the Dark Lord.

Dark and difficult times lie ahead.
Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone.
~Prof. Albus Dumbledore



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment