OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: CRUEL INTENTIONS [1999]

Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

CRUEL INTENTIONS [1999]

What You Can't Have, You Can't Resist


Mrs. Caldwell: How do you do it?
Where do you get the strength?
Kathryn: I know this sounds corny, but whenever I feel the temptation of peer pressure
[show off her cross pendant]
I turn to God and he helps me through the problem.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
~Kathryn Merteuil

Everybody loves me and I intend to keep it that way.
~Kathryn Merteuil

Kathryn: About that little wager of yours? Count me in.
Sebastian: What are the terms?
Kathryn: If I win, then that hot little car of yours is mine.
Sebastian: And if I win?
Kathryn, open up her coat: I'll give you what you've been obsessing about
ever since our parents got married.
Sebastian: Be more specific.
Kathryn: In English... I'll fuck your brains out.
Sebastian: What makes you think I'd go for that bet?
That's a 1956 Jaguar Roadster.
Kathryn, lying on her bed: Because I'm the only person you can't have, and it kills you.
Sebastian: No way. 
Kathryn: You can put it anywhere.
Sebastian: You got yourself a bet, baby.
[shaking each other hand]
Kathryn: Happy hunting, Sebastian.

Sebastian: Who are you to criticize something you've never been experienced?
Annette: I wasn't criticize anything.
I believe people shouldn't experience the act of love until they're in love.
People our age aren't mature enough to experience those emotions.

Listing my qualities won't get you anywhere with me.
The best you can hope for is my friendship.
You're really walking a fine line at that.
~Annette Hargrove

[on the phone]
Sebastian: Did I leave my glasses there?
Annette: No, I don't think so.
Sebastian: All right.
I guess I'll see you around.
Annette: Is that really why you're calling me?
Sebastian: No. I called you because I missed talking to you.
Annette: A moment of honesty.
Sebastian: Don't get used to it.
I'm not liking it too much.

Kathryn: Now that you're on your way, it would be stupid to stop.
Think of Sebastian as a tutor. Let him instruct you.
Cecile: But I don't love him. I love Ronald.
Kathryn: So? Don't you wanna make Ronald happy?
Practice makes perfect.
My advice is to sleep with as many people as possible.
Cecile: But that would make me a slut. Wouldn't it?
Kathryn: Cecile, everybody does it.
It's just that nobody talks about it.


I don't know what to do.
I can't stand that 'holier than thou' bullshit, yet I'm completely infatuated with ther.
She made me laugh.
~Sebastian Valmont


Sebastian, after kissing her: I'm sorry about that.
Annette: Me too.
Sebastian: You know what? I'm not sorry.
I don't take it back.
Annette: I thought we were just gonna be friends.
Sebastian: I can't handle it. I can't keep my feelings bottled up like you.
Can you honestly tell me that you feel nothing for me?
Annette: Yeah, I have feelings for you, Sebastian.
Sebastian: Then what's wrong?
It's not like you have a husband, unless you're married to Jesus.
Annette: That's not fair!
Sebastian: Why can't we be together?
Annette: You really wanna know why?
Sebastian: Yes, I wanna know why.
Annette: It's because I don't trust myself with you.



Annette: I'm impressed.
Sebastian: Well, I'm in love.

My triumph isn't over her. It's over you.
You were very much in love with her, and you're still in love with her.
But it amused me to make you ashamed of it.
You gave up on the first person you ever loved because I threatened your reputation.
Don't you get it?
You're just a toy, Sebastian, a little toy I like to play with.
And now you're completely blown it with her.
I think it's the saddest thing I've ever heard.
Cheers.
~Kathryn Merteuil


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment