OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: EDWARD SCISSORHANDS [1990]

Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS [1990]

Edward Scissorhands
Innocence is What He Knows
Beauty is What She Sees


Old Kim: A long time ago, an inventor lived in that mansion.
He made many things, I suppose.
He also created a man.
He gave him insides; a heart, a brain, everything.
Well, almost everything.
The inventor was very old.
He died before he got to finish the man he invented.
So the man was left by himself, incomplete and all alone.
Granddaughter: He didn't have a name?
Old Kim: Of course he had a name.
His name was Edward.

Hello, Avon calling.
~Peg Boggs

Peg, shocked when meet Edward for the first time: Oh my... What happened to you?
Edward: I'm not finished.


Peg: Where are your parents?
Your mother? Your father?
Edward: He didn't wake up.

What happened to your face?
[she tries to touch Edward's face, bu he backed away]
I won't hurt you.
At the very least, let me give you a good astringent.
This will help to prevent infection.
~Peg, applied astringent on his  face

Edward, I think you should just come home with me.
~Peg Boggs

It's not heaven he's from, it's straight from the stinking flames of hell.
The power of Satan is in him, I can feel it.
~Esmeralda

He has been sent first to tempt you!
But it's not too late.
You must push him from you, expel him!
Trample down the perversion of nature.
~Esmeralda

Don't be ridiculous!
You're not handicapped, you're... what do they call the... exceptional.
~Joyce

You don't know about the wonderfyl world of teenage girls.
They're all crazy.
I don't know what it is.
They reach a certain age, they develope these gland things, their bodies swell up, puff!
They go crazy.
~Bill Boggs

Kim: Why did you have to bring him here?
Peg: I couldn't have left him all alone. You'd have done the same.
Kim: Wy does he have to stay here?
Peg: O my goodness, Kim, I'm surprised at you.
He can't help the way he is.
Have a little sympathy.
Kim: I do have sympathy.
Peg: Then say a little greeting.
Come downstairs, shake the man's hand...
Kim: Shake his hand?
Peg: Well, not literally.
Goodness, you scared him half to death!
Kim: I scared him to death?

You can't buy the necessities of life by cookies.
~Bill Boggs

TV Host: Quite a story, yes? Any questions for Edward?
Audience #1: What's been the best part of your new life here in town?
Edward: The friends I've made.
TV Host: Any other questions?
Audience #2: Have you ever thought of having corrective surgery or prosthetics?
I know a doctor that might be able to help you.
Edward: I'd like to meet him.
TV Host: We'll get that name after the show.
Thank you, that's very nice.
Anyone else?
Audience #3: But then you'd be like everyone else.
Edward: Yes, I know.
TV Host: I think he like that.
Audience#4: But then no one would think you were special.
You wouldn't be on TV or anything.
Peg: No matter what, Edward will always be special.



Dear, stealing's not the way to get it.
Stealing's not the way to get anything.
~Peg Boggs

Officer: Will he be OK, doc?
Psychiatrist: The years spent in isolation not equipped him with the tools necessary to judge right from wrong.
He's had no context. 
He's been completely without guidance.
Furthermore his work, the garden sculptures, hairstyles and so forth,
indicate that he's a highly imaginative of... character.
It seems clear that his awareness of what we call reality is redically underdeveloped.
Officer: But, will he be alright out there?
Psychiatrist: Oh yeah, he'll be fine.

Edward: I knew it was Jim's house.
Kim: You did?
Edward: Yes.
Kim: Well then, why'd you do that?
Edward: Because you asked me to.

Maybe there's a way you can replace the drapes and the towels,
but our confidence in you is not gonna be so easy to replace.
~Bill Boggs

You can't touch anything without screwing it.
Why do you hang around here anyway?
~Jim



Kim: Hold me...
Edward: I can't.





*****

No comments:

Post a Comment