OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: GHOST [1990]

Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

GHOST [1990]

A Love That Will Last Forever


It seems like whenever anything good in my life happens, I'm just afraid I'm going to lose it.
~Sam Wheat




Your work is really beautiful. It really is.
It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks, just what I think.
~Sam Wheat

Molly: Do you love me, Sam?
Sam: What do you think?
Molly: Why don't you ever say it?
Sam: What do you mean? I say it all the time.
Molly: You say 'ditto' and that's not the same.
Sam: People say 'I love you' all the time, and it doesn't mean anything.
Molly: Sometimes you need to hear it.
I need to hear it.

Sam: I don't believe this.
Hey you... my name is Sam Wheat. Can you hear me?
Say my name... Sam Wheat.
Oda Mae: Leave me alone.

Oda Mae: I swear, no more cheating.
I'll do anything, just make that guy go away.
Sam, whispering to her: No way.

My mother had it, and her mother. They both had the gift.
They always said I had it, but I never did, I never had it.
They told me all about it, but now that I've got it, I don't think I want it.
Just go away. Find somebody else.
~Oda Mae Brown

Oda Mae: Why me?
Sam: You're going to help me.
There's a woman who called Molly Jensen and she is in a terrible danger.
The man who killed me broke into our apartment, and he's gonna back.
You've got to warn her.
Oda Mae: What makes you think she's gonna listen to me?

I'm not leaving until you help me.
I don't care how long it takes, because I can talk forever.
~Sam Wheat

I just don't believe in this life after death stuff.
~Molly Jensen

I can't see him, I can only hear him.
~Oda Mae Brown

Molly: What I don't understand is, why did he come back?
Sam: I don't know.
Molly: Why's he still here?
Oda Mae: He's stuck, he's in between worlds.
You know what happen sometimes the spirit gets yanked out so quick, 
the essence still feels it has work to do.
Sam: Would you stop rambling?
Oda Mae: I'm not rambling, I'm answering a question.
[to Molly] He's got an attitude.
Sam: No, I don't have an attitude.
Oda Mae: Yes, you do have an attitude.
[to Molly] We're having a little discussion.
[to Sam] If you didn't have an attitude, you wouldn't have raised your voice to me.
Sam: Goddammit...
Oda Mae: Don't take the Lord's name in vain.
Sam: Would you relax?
Oda Mae: You relax. You're the dead guy.
If you want me to help, you'd better apologize.
[Sam shouting]
Oda Mae: That's it, I'm leaving.
Nobody talks to me like that, you understand me?
Now you'd better apologize.
Sam: I'm sorry. I apologize, okay?
Oda Mae, to her seat, talking to Molly: He's apologize.

Have a nice life, have a nice death, good bye.
~Oda Mae Brown

I've got 4 million dollars stuffed in a goddamn computer.
If I don't get those codes, if that money is not transferred soon, I'm dead.
~Carl Bruner



Subway Ghost: Get off my train!
Sam: No.
Subway Ghost: Get Off!!! Get out of here!!!
Sam: No.
Show me how you do that.
I want learn and I'm not leaving till you teach me.

[while Sam tying to move the bottle cap]
Subway Ghost: It's all in your mind.
Your problem is that you still think you're real.
You think you're wearing those clothes? You think that you're crouching on that floor?
Bullshit!
You ain't got a body no more.
It's all up here now. [point to his forehead]
You wanna move something, you've got to move it with your mind.
You gotta focus!
Sam: How? How do you focus?
Subway Ghost: I don't know how you focus. Just focus! [flick the cap easily]
Sam: How did you do that?
Subway Ghost: You take all your emotions, all your anger, all your love, all your hate,
push it way down here into the pit of your stomach, 
and then let it explode, like a reactor. [kick a can]

Sam: Oda Mae, where did these ghosts come from?
You can hear them too?
Oda Mae: Hear them? Can I hear them?
I hear them in the morning and in the evening, they come into the shower.
Sam, what the hell did you do to me?
Did you tell every spook in the world about me?
I got spooks from New Jersey coming here.
There's stuff going on you wouldn't believe. I don't even believe it.

I'm not doing anything else with you, Sam.
Look, you're holding on to a life that doesn't want you anymore. It doesn't want you.
Give up the ghost.
~Oda Mae Brown

Sam, to Oda Mae: Tell her to send it up to the 3rd floor file, you have a transaction to make.
Oda Mae, to the bank officer: Please make sure this goes to the 3rd floor, I have a transfusion to make.
Bank Officer: A what?

Sam: Endorse it.
Oda Mae: No, if I drop it, then somebody will get it.
Sam: It's not your money.
I never said you would get the money.
This is blood money. I was killed for this money.
Now endorse the cheque.

Now do you believe in ghost?
~Sam Wheat, to terrified Carl Bruner



Sam: I'll miss you. Your mother'd be proud.
Oda Mae: I'll miss you too, Sam. You will be all right.




It's amazing, Molly.
The love inside... you take it with you.
 ~Sam Wheat


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment