OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME [1996]

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME [1996]






I don't know if you can hear me / Or if you're even there / 
I don't know if you would listen / To a Gypsy's prayer / 
Yes, I know I'm just an outcast / I shouldn't speak to you / 
Still, I see your face and wonder / Were you once an outcast, too?
[Esmeralda, singing] 


[Phoebus]: We'll have to find the Court of Miracles before daybreak. If Frollo gets there first... 
Are you coming with me?
[Quasimodo]: I can't.
[Phoebus]: I thought you were Esmeralda's friend.
[Quasimodo]: Frollo's my master; I can't disobey him again.
[Phoebus]: She stood up for you. You've got a funny way of showing gratitude. 
Well, I'm not going to sit by and watch Frollo *massacre* innocent people. 
You do what you think is right.
[Quasimodo, to the gargoyles; Hugo, Laverne and Victor]: What? What am I supposed to do?
Go out there and rescue the girl from the - from the jaws of death and then the 'whole town' will cheer, like I'm some kind of a hero? She already has her knight-in-shining-armor, and it's 'not' me! [sighs] 
Frollo was right. Frollo was right about everything... and I'm *tired* of trying to be something that I'm not.




[Phoebus]: Oh, and one more thing: tell Esmeralda - she's very lucky. 
[Quasimodo]: Why?
[Phoebus]: To have a friend like you. 



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment