OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: POLAR EXPRESS [2004]

Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

POLAR EXPRESS [2004]

This Holiday Season... Believe


 On Christmas eve, many years ago, I lay quietly in my bed.
I did not rustle the sheets.
I breathed slowly and silently.
I was listening for a sound I was afraid I'd never hear.
The ringing bells of Santa's sleigh.
~Hero Boy

Conductor: Well, you coming?
Hero Boy: Where?
Conductor: Why, to the North Pole, of course.
This is the Polar Express.
Hero Boy: The North Pole?
Conductor: I see.
Is this you? [show the boy the clipboard]
Hero Boy: Yeah.
Conductor: Well, it says here,
no photo with a department-store Santa this year, no letter to Santa.
And you made your sister put out the milk and cookies.
Sounds to me like this is your crucial year.
If I were you, I would think about climbing on board.

Christmas may not be important to some people, but it is very important to the rest of us!
~Conductor

Hero Boy: I want to believe. But...
Smokey: But, you don't wanna be bamboozled.
You don't wanna be led down the primrose path.
You don't wanna be conned or duped, have the wool pulled over your eyes.
Hoodwinked.
You don't wanna be taken for a ride, railroaded.
Seeing is believing, am I right?
Hero Boy: But what about this train?
Smokey: What about it?
Hero Boy: We're all really going to the North Pole, aren't we?
Smokey: Aren't we?
Hero Boy: Are you saying that this is all just a dream?
Smokey: You said it, kid, not me.

 
There's no greater gift than friendship.~Santa

This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas as am I.
Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.
~Santa


Conductor: That is some special ticket.
Lonely Boy: Sure is.
 Conductor: So, can you count on us to get you home safe and sound?
Lonely Boy: Absolutely.
Me... and my friends.

One thing about trains,
it doesn't matter where they're going, what matters is deciding to get on.
~Conductor

At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell.
But as years passed, it fell silent for all of them.
Even Sarah found, one Christmas, that she could no longer hear its sweet sound.
Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me.
As it does for all who truly believe.
~Hero Boy




*****

No comments:

Post a Comment