OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: KUNG FU PANDA [2008]

Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

KUNG FU PANDA [2008]

Kung Fu Panda
Prepare For Awesomeness

We are noodle folk. Broth runs through our veins.
~Mr. Ping

One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.
~Master Oogway

I love kung fuuuuu...
~Po

Master Oogway, pointing at Po: How interesting...
Tigress: Master, are you pointing at me?
Master Oogway: Him...
Po: Who?
Master Oogway: You...
Po: Me?
Master Oogway: The universe has brought us The Dragon Warrior.
Po: What?
Furious Five: What?
Master Shifu: What?
Mr. Ping: What?

Tigress: Forgive us, Master, we have failed you.
Master Shifu: No.
If the panda has not quit by morning, then I will have failed you.

Escape from Chorh-Gom prison is impossible.
One way in, one way out.
One thousand guards and one prisoner.
~Commander Vachir

Master Shifu: So you're the legendary Dragon Warrior?
Po: Ehhh... I guess so...
Master Shifu: Wrong! You are not The Dragon Warrior.
You will never be The Dragon Warrior until [point to the scroll]
you have learned the secret of The Dragon Scroll.
Po: Whoaaa... 
So, how does it work? Do you have a ladder, or a trampoline, or...
Master Shifu: You think it's that easy?
That I'll just hand you the secret to limitless power?
Po: No, I...
Master Shifu: One must first master the highest level of kung fu.
And that clearly impossible if that one is someone like you.
Po: Someone like me?
Master Shifu: Yes, look at you!
This fat butt [hit Po's butt], flabby arms [hit Po's arm]
Po: Ouch, there are sensitive in the flabby parts.
Master Shifu: And this ridiculous belly [hit Po's belly].
And utter disregard for personal hygiene.

Now listen closely, Panda.
Oogway may have picked you, but when I'm through with you,
I promise you, you're going to wish he hadn't.
Are we clear?
~Master Shifu

Viper: I don't understand what was Master Oogway thinking.
The poor guy's gonna get himself killed.
Crane: He is so mighty.
The Dragon Warrior fell out of the sky on a ball of fire!
Mantis: When he walks, the very ground shakes!
Tigress: One would think Master Oogway would choose semeone who actually know kung fu.
Crane: Yeah, or could at least touch his toes.
Monkey: Or even see his toes.

You don't belong in The Jade Palace.
You're a disgrace to kung fu,
and if you have any respect for who we are and what we do, 
you will be gone by morning.
~Tigress, to Po

Quit, don't quit.
Noodles, don't noodles.
You are too concerned with what was and what will be.
There's a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift.
That is why it is called the present.
~Master Oogway, to Po


Master Shifu, torturing Po with his kung fu: The true path to victory is to find your opponent's weakness and make him suffer for it.
To take his strength and use it against him, until he finally falls or quits.
Po: But, a real warrior never quits.
Don't worry, Master, I will never quit!

Who am I to judge a warrior based on his size?
I mean, look at me...
~Mantis

Well, if he's going to stay here, he should know.
He wasn't just a student.
Shifu found him as a cub and he raised him as his son.
And when the boy show talent in kung fu, Shifu trained him. He believed in him.
He told him he was destined for greatness.
It was never enough for Tai Lung.
He wanted The Dragon Scroll.
But Oogway saw darkness in his heart and refused.
Outraged, Tai Lung laid waste to the valley.
He tried to take the scroll by force.
And Shifu had to destroy what he had created.
But how could he?
Shifu loved Tai Lung like he had never loved anyone before. Or since...
~Tigress

And now he has a chance to make things right, to train the true Dragon Warrior.
And he's stuck with you, a big fat panda who treats it like a joke.
~Tigress, to Po

There are no accidents.
~Master Oogway

Master Shifu: I need your help, Master.
Master Oogway: You just need to believe.
Promise me Shifu, promise me you will believe.

Master Shifu: You cannot leave! A real warrior never quits!
Po: Watch me!
[trying to step down the stairs, but Master Shifu manage to move Po away from the stairs]
Come on... how am I supposed to beat Tai Lung?
I can't even beat you to the stairs!
Master Shifu: You will beat him because you are The Dragon Warrior.
Po: You don't believe that... You never believed that!
From the first moment I've got here, you tried to get rid of me!
Master Shifu: Yes, I was!
But now I ask you to trust in your master as I have come to trust in mine.
Po: You're not my master. And I'm not The Dragon Warrior.
Master Shifu: Then why didn't you quit?
You knew I wanted you gone, yet you stayed.
Po: Yeah, I stayed.
I stayed because every time you threw a brick at my head or said I smelled, it hurt,
but it could never hurt more than it did every day of my life hust being me... not me...
it was you... the greatest kung fu teacher in all China.
Master Shifu: But I can change you.
I can turn you into The Dragon Warrior, and I will!

I vowed to train you and you have been trained.
You are free to eat.
~Master Shifu

Mr. Ping: The secret ingredient of my Secret Ingredient Soup...
Come here... the secret ingredient is... nothing...
Po: Huh?
Mr. Ping: You heard me, nothing! There is no secret ingredient!
Po: Wait, wait... it's just plain old noodle soup?
You don't add some kind of special sauce or something?
Mr. Ping: Don't have to.
To make something special, you just have to believe it's special.
Po: There is no secret ingredient...


I have... I have always been proud of you.
From the first moment, I've been proud of you.
And it was my pride that blinded me.
I loved you too much to see what you were becoming...
what I... was turning you into.
I'm... I'm sorry...
~Master Shifu, to Tai Lung



*****

1 comment: