OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: TWILIGHT [2008]

Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TWILIGHT [2008]

Twilight
When You Can Live Forever 
What Do You Live For?


You're Isabella Swan, the new girl.
Hi, I'm Eric. the eyes and ears of this place.
Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to carry on?
~Eric 

Bella, as The Cullens enter the cafetaria: Who are they?
 Angela: The Cullens.
Jessica: They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids.
They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago.
Angela: They kind of keep to themselves.
Jessica: Yeah, cause they're all together, like, together together.
The blonde girl, that's Rosalie and the big dark-haired guy, Emmet.
They're like, a thing.
I'm not even sure that's legal.
Angela: Jess, they're not actually related.
Jessica: Yeah, but they live together, it's weird.
And okay, the little dark-haired girl's Alice, she's really weird.
And she's with Jasper, the blonde one who looks like he's in pain.
Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad/matchmaker.
Angela: Maybe he'll adopt me.
Bella, as Edward enter the cafetaria: Who's he?
Jessica: That's Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeus, obviously.
But apparently nobody here's good enough for him.
Like I care, you know...
Seriously, don't waste your time.
Bella: I wasn't planning on it.


Hello...
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week.
I'm Edward Cullen.
You're Bella?
~Edward Cullen

Edward: Why didn't you move with your mother and Phil?
Bella: Well, Phil's a minor league baseball player and he travels a lot,
and my mom stayed at home with me,
but I knew it made her unhappy.
So, I figured I'd stay with my dad for a while.
Edward: And now, you're unhappy.
Bella: No...
Edward: I'm sorry, I'm just... I'm just trying to figure you out.
You're very difficult for me to read.

Bella: Hey, did you get contacts?
Edward: No...
Bella: Your eyes black the last time I saw you and now they're like, golden brown.
Edward: Yeah, I know.
It's the... it's the flourescent.
[walks away]

Bella: How did you get over me so fast?
Edward: I was standing right next to you, Bella.
Bella: No, you were next to your car, across the lot.
Edward, chuckles: No, I wasn't
Bella: Yes, you were!
Edward: Bella, you're... you hit your head. I think you're confused.
Bella: I know what I saw.
Edward: And what exactly was that?
Bella: You... you stopped the van. You pushed it away with your hand.
Edward: Well, nobody's gonna believe you, so...
Bella: I wasn't gonna tell anybody. I just need to know the truth.
Edward: Can't you just thank me and get over it?
Bella: Thank you...
Edward: You're not gonna let this go, are you?
Bella: No.
Edward: Well then, I hope you enjoy disappointment.


Edward: Bella, we shouldn't be friends.
Bella: You really should've figured that out a little earlier.
I mean, why didn't you just let the van crush me and save yourself all this regret?
Edward: What, you think I regret saving you?
Bella: I can see that you do.

Bella: You know, your mood swings are kind of giving me whiplash.
Edward: I only said it'd be better if we weren't friends,
not that I didn't wanna be.
Bella: What does that mean?
Edward: It means if you were smart, you'd stay away from me.

Edward: I'd rather hear your theories.
Bella: I have considered... radioactive spiders and kryptonite.
Edward: That's all superhero stuff, right?
What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm the bad guy?


Jacob: Okay, did you know Quileutes are supposedly descended from wolves?
Bella: What? Like, wolves? Real wolves?
Jacob: Well, that's the legend of our tribe.
Bella: So, what's the story about The Cullens?
Jacob: Well, they're supposedly descended from this, like, enemy clan.
My great grandfather, the chief, found them hunting on our land.
But they claimed to be something different, so we made a treaty with them.
If they promised to stay off Quileutes lands, 
then we wouldn't expose what they really were to the palefaces.

Bella: How did you know where I was?
Edward: I didn't... [Bella intend to leave the table] Don't leave, I...
Bella: Did you follow me?
Edward: I... I feel very protective of you.
Bella: So you followed me?
Edward: I was trying to keep a distance unless you needed my help,
and then I heard what those low-lifes were thinking.
Bella: Wait... You say you heard what they were thinking?
So what, you... you read minds?
Edward: I can read every mind in this room, apart from yours.
[look at another table] There's money... sex... money... sex... cat.
And then you... nothing!
It's very frustrating.
Bella: Is there something wrong with me?
Edward: See... I tell you I can read minds and you think there's something wrong with you? 


Bella: You're impossibly fast and strong.
Your skin is pale white and ice-cold.
Your eyes change color.
And sometimes you speak like you're from a different time.
You never eat or drink anything.
You don't go out in the sunlight.
How old are you?
Edward: 17...
Bella: How long have you been 17?
Edward: A while...
Bella: I know what you are...
Edward: Say it! Out loud! Say it!
Bella: Vampire...
Edward: Are you afraid?
Bella: No...
Edward: Then ask me the most basic question. What do we eat?
Bella: You won't hurt me...

This is why we don't show ourselves in sunlight.
People would know we're different.
[Edward stands in the spot of sunlight, turns around and his skin glittering]
This is what I am.
~Edward

Edward: I'm the world's most dangerous predator.
Everything about me invites you in; my voice, my face, even my smell.
As if I would need any of that.
As if you could outrun me.
As if you could fight me off.
I'm designed to kill!
Bella: I don't care...
Edward: I've killed people before.
Bella: It does not matter...
Edward: I wanted to kill you.
I've never wanted a human's blood so much in my life.
Bella: I trust you...
Edward: Don't!
Bella: I'm here, I trust you...

Edward: My family, we're different from others of our kind.
We only hunt animals.
We've learned to control our thirst.
But it's you... your scent, it's like a drug to me.
You're like my own personal brand of heroine.
Bella: Why did you hate me so much when we met?
Edward: I did.
Only for making me want you so badly.
I still don't know if I can control myself.
Bella: I know you can...
Edward: I can't read your mind. You have to tell me what you're thinking.
Bella: Now I'm afraid.
Edward: Good.
Bella: I'm not afraid of you.
I'm only afraid of losing you. I feel like you're gonna disappear.
Edward: You don't know how long I've waited for you.
So the lion fell in love with the lamb.
Bella: What a stupid lamb.
Edward: What a sick, masochistic lion.



About 3 things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him and I didn't know how dominant that part might be,
that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
~Bella


I'm breaking all the rules now anyway.
Since I'm going to hell.
~Edward

Bella: So, does the person have to be dying to become like you?
Edward: No, that's just Carlisle.
He'd never do this to someone who had another choice.
Bella: So how long have you been like this?
Edward: Since 1918. That's when Carlisle found me dying of Spanish influenza.
Bella: What was it like?
Edward: The venom was excruciating.
But what Carlisle did was much harder.
Not many of us have the restraint to do that.
Bella: But didn't he just have to bite?
Edward: Not exactly.
When we taste human blood, a sort of frenzy begins, 
and it's almost impossible to stop.
Bella: But Carlisle did.
Edward: First with me and then his wife, Esme.
Bella: So, is Carlisle the real reason that you don't kill people?
Edward: No, he's not the only reason. I don't wat to be a monster.
My family, we think of ourselves as vegetarians, 
cause we only survive on the blood of animals.
But it's... it's like a human only living on tofu.
It keeps you strong, but you're never fully satisfied.

Bella: Can the rest of your family read people's minds like you can?
Edward: No, that's just me. But Alice can see future.
Bella: I bet she saw me coming.
Edward: Alice's visions are subjective.
I mean the future can always change.


Edward: I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow.
Bella: Wait, like, with your family?
Edward: Yeah...
Bella: What if they don't like me?
Edward: So you're worried not because you'll be in a house full of vampires,
but because you think they won't approve of you?


Bella: How did you get in here?
Edward: The window.
Bella: Do you do that a lot?
Edward: Well, just the past couple of months.
I like watching you sleep, it's kind of fascinating to me.
I always want to try one thing... Just stay very still...
[Edward start kissing Bella]


[catches Bella's scent from across the field]
You brought a snack.
~James


Edward: Listen to me, James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession.
I read his mind.
My reaction on the field set him off.
I just made this his most exciting game ever.
He's never gonna stop.
Bella: What should we do?
Edward: We have to kill him, rip him apart and burn the pieces.

This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games,
but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal.
I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years.
And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her.
~Laurent

Edward: Rosalie, Esme, could you put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent?
[throw Bella's coat to Rosalie]
Rosalie: Why? What is she to me?
Carlisle: Rosalie, Bella is with Edward, she's part of this family now.
And we protect our family.


Nothing's gonna happen.
There's 7 of us and there's 2 of them.
And when everything's done, I'm gonna come back and get you.
Bella, you are my life now.
~Edward

We lost the tracker.
Rosalie and Esme are going to Forks to protect your father.
I'm coming to get you.
Then you and I are gonna go somewhere alone.
 And the others will keep hunting.
I'll do whatever it takes to make you safe again.
~Edward

I'd never given much thought to how I would die.
But dying in the place of someone I love, seems like a good way to go.
I can't bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face-to-face with death,
they also brought me to Edward.
~Bella


[hold Edward]
Son, enough... remember who you are.
~Carlisle

You have to make a choice. You could let the change happen.
~Carlisle

Edward, while Bella screaming in pain: Carlisle, what's my other option?!
Carlisle: We could try to suck the venom out. 
Edward: No! You know I won't be able to stop!
Carlisle: Then find the will to stop.
But choose, she only has minutes left.
Edward: I'm gonna make it go away, Bella... I'm gonna make it go away...

Death is painful, easy.
Life is harder.
~Bella

Bella: We can't be apart! You can't leave me!
Edward: I'm here...
Bella: Okay, just don't... you can't say stuff like that to me. Ever!
Edward: Where else am I gonna go?

Bella: Edward, why did you save me?
If you just let the venom spread, I could be like you by now.
Edward: You don't know what you're saying...
You don't want this...
Bella: I want you. Always.
Edward: I'm not gonna end your life for you.
Bella: I'm dying already. Every second, I get closer, older.
Edward: That's the way it's supposed to be.

Bella: I've decided.
Edward: So, that's what you dream about? Becoming a monster?
Bella: I dream about being with you forever.
Edward: Forever...




*****

No comments:

Post a Comment