OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: AVATAR [2009]

Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

AVATAR [2009]

Avatar
Enter the World
Out there beyond that fence, every little thing that crawls, flies or squats in the mud,
wants to kill you and eat your eyes for Jujubes.
We have an indigenous population of humanoids called The Na'vi.
They're fond of arrows dipped in a neurotoxin that'll stop your heart in 1 minute.
And they have bones reinforced with naturally occuring carbon fiber.
They are very hard to kill.
As head of security, it is my job to keep you alive.
I will not succeed, not with all of you.
If you wish to survive, you need to cultivate a strong mental attitude.
You've got to obey the rules, Pandora rules.
~Col. Miles Quaritch


Me and Norm are here to drive these remotely controlled bodies called avatars.
They're grown from human DNA mixed with the DNA of the natives.
~Jake Sully

The concept is that every driver is matched to his own avatar,
so that their nervous systems are in tune... or something.
Which is why they offered me the gig, because I can link with Tommy's avatar.
~Jake Sully

Jake: Is this right? I just say whatever to the video log?
Norm: Yeah. We gotta get in the habit of documenting everything.
What we see, what we feel.
It's all part of the science.
Dr. Max Patel: And good science is good observation.

Norm: Grace Augustine is a legend.
She's the head of the avatar programme.
She wrote the book, I mean, literally wrote the book on Pandoran botany.
Dr. Max Patel: That's because she likes plants better than people.

This is why we're here... Unobtanium.
Because this little gray rock sells for 20 million a kilo.
That's the only reason.
It's what pays for the whole party. It's what pays for your science.
Now, those savages are threatening our whole operation, we're on the brink of war,
and you're supposed to be finding a diplomatic solution.
So use what you've got and get me some results.
~Parker Selfridge


Grace: So you just figured you'd come out here, to the most hostile environment,
known to man with no training of any kind, and see how it went?
What was going through your head?
Jake: Maybe I was sick of doctors telling me what I coudn't do.

Col. Miles: Look, Sully, I want you to learn this savages from the inside.
I want you to gain their trust.
I need to know how to force their cooperation or hammer them hard if they won't.
Jake: Am I still with Augustine?
Col. Miles: On paper.
You walk like on of her science pukes, you quack like one, 
but you report to me.

Jake: If you love your little forest friends, why not let them just kill my ass?
What's the thinking?
Neytiri: Why save you?
Jake: Yeah, why save me?
Neytiri: You have a strong heart, no fear... but stupid!
Ignorant like a child!

Moat: What are you called?
Jake: Jake Sully.
Moat: Why did you come to us?
Jake: I came to learn.
Moat: We have tried to teach other Sky People.
It is hard to fill a cup which is already full.
Jake: Well, my cup is empty, trust me.

My daughter will teach you our ways.
Learn well, Jakesully.
Then we will see if your insanity can be cured.
~Moat

Neytiri: To become taronyu, hunter, 
you must choose your own ikran and he must choose you.
Jake: When?
Neytiri: When you are ready.


[after shot a prey]
I see you, brother, and thank you.
[stab it]
Your spirit goes with Eywa.
Your body stays behind to become part of The People.
~Jake Sully

Neytiri: Now you choose your ikran.
This you must feel inside.
If he also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
You will have one chance, Jake.
Jake: How will I know if he chooses me?
Neytiri: He will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding!

Neytiri: It is Toruk, Last Shadow.
May grandfather's garndfather was Toruk Macto, Rider of Last Shadow.
Jake: He rode this?
Neytiri: Toruk chose him. It has only happened 5 times since the time of The First Songs.

Everything is backwards now.
Like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.
~Jake Sully

The Na'vi say that every person is born twice.
The second time is when you earn your place among The People forever.
~Jake Sully

Neytiri: You are Omaticaya now.
You may make your bow from the wood of Hometree.
And you may choose a woman.
We have may fine women.
Ninat is the best singer.
Jake: But I don't want Ninat.
Neytiri: Peyral is a good hunter.
Jake: Yes, she is a good hunter.
But I've already chosen. But this woman must also choose me.
Neytiri: She already has.



Jake, pleads for Eywa: You chose me for something.
I will stand and fight, you know I will.
But I need a little help here.
Neytiri: Our Great Mother does not take sides, Jake.
She protects only the balance of life.
Jake: It was worth a try.


*****

2 comments:

  1. Avatar (franchise)

    Release Date:
    · December 2009-December 17, 2027 (films)

    Information:
    · https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(franchise)

    1. Plus +
    1. Right Arrow ➡

    ReplyDelete