OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE [2009]

Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE [2009]

X-Men Origins: Wolverine


Stryker: You boys tired of running? Tired of denying your true nature?
Victor: What do you care?
Stryker: Oh, I care.
I care because I know how special you are. How valuable.
Look, you can stay here locked up like freaks of nature, or you can join me.
I'm putting together a special team with special privileges.
Now tell me, how would you like to really serve your country?

Stryker, to Logan: My God, haven't aged a day.
Logan: Clean living.
Stryker: You remember Agent Zero?
Logan: Still shooting first, asking question later?
[Zero shoots Logan's cigar as flash speed]
Zero: You still chewing on cheap cigars?
Stryker: Boys, please... [to Logan] I have a job for you.
Logan: I already have a job.
Zero: Lumberjack? 18 grand a year?
Logan: 18,5. 
Plus, I haven't had to kill anyone in a while.
Zero: Starting to miss it?
Logan: Right about now I am.

Logan: Stryker came by today.
Don't worry, I said no.
Kayla: Why is he bothering you after all these years?
Logan: Because I'm the best there is at what I do,
but what I do best isn't very nice.
Kayla: You're not an animal, Logan.
What you have is a gift.
Logan: A gift... You can return a gift.


Kayla: Why is the moon so lonely?
Logan: Why?
Kayla: Because she used to have a lover.
Logan: Oh, you tell this to the kids?
Kayla: No.
His name was Kuekuatsheu and they lived in The Spirit World together.
Logan: Oh, this is a true story? All right...
Kayla: And every night they would wander the skies together.
But one of the other spirit was jealous.
Trickster wanted the moon for himself, so he told Kuekuatsheu that the moon has asked for flowers.
He told him to come to our world and pick her some wild roses.
But Kuekuatsheu didn't know that once you leave The Spirit World, you can never go back.
And every night he looks up in the sky and sees the moon and howls her name.
But, he can never touch her again.
Logan: Wow... koo-koo-ka-choo got screwed.
Kayla: Kuekuatsheu. [Logan laughing] It means The Wolverine.

Victor: When are you gonna figure it out? We're not like them.
Logan: I am nothing like you.
Victor: Sure you are. You just don't know it yet.

Stryker: You can't beat him, Logan, you know you can't!
Logan: I'm gonna find him and kill him!
Stryker: I can give you the tools to defeat him.
And we can still save the others.
Logan: You mean save yourself, right?
Stryker: I promise you 2 things.
You will suffer more pain than any other man can endure, but you'll have your revenge.
Logan: I come with you, I'm coming for blood.
No law, no code of conduct.
You point me in the right direction, you get the hell out of my way.

Stryker: You remember what we were looking for in Africa?
Logan: I remember.
Stryker: Well, I found it.
It helped us create a metal compound so strong that you will be able to withstand virtually anything.
It's called Adamantium

I can't put Victor down myself, Logan.
To kill him, you're gonna have to embrace the other side.
Become the animal.
~Stryker

Stryker: I almost forgot. [showing him his old dogtags]
Logan: I want new ones.
Stryker: What do you want them to say?
Logan: Wolverine.

Logan: What the island?
Fred Duke: It's where Stryker takes them after Victor's caught them.
Logan: Wait, hang on a minute. Takes who?
Fred Duke: Mutants.
Rumor is that Stryker's doing experiments on them there.
I mean, you never wondered what happened to them?
John Wraith: I tried not to.

They killed her so I'd let them put Adamantium in me.
They killed her for a goddamn experiment!
~Logan

John Wraith: What's Stryker up to, Fred? What's the endgame?
Fred Dukes: He's taking their powers, trying to combine them somehow.


Stryker: Don't be angry with her. She's a real credit to our species.
Did you know that her sister has diamond-hard skin?
Kayla's mutation is tactohypnosis.
She can influence people as long as she touches them.
Quite a useful tools in a seduction.
It was never real, my friend.
Logan: It was real for me.

I told you, if you came down this road, you wouldn't like what you found.
~Stryker

That story you told me about a man who gets flowers for the moon,
I had it backwards.
I thought you were the moon and I was your wolverine.
But you're the trickster, aren't you?
I'm just the fool who got played.
The worst part of it, I should've known.
But I ignored my instincts.
I ignored what I really am.
~Logan

Logan: This doesn't change anything between us, Victor. We're done!
Victor: We can never be done, Jimmy, we're brothers.
And brothers look out for each other.


I should make you pull the trigger.
But that would make us no better than you.
~Kayla, to Stryker


*****

1 comment: