OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: UP [2009]

Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

UP [2009]

Up


My Adventure Book. [turn the page]
You know him [shown a poster on the first page] Charles Muntz, explorer.
When I get big, I'm going where he's going, [turn another page] South America.
It's like America, but south.
Wonder where I'm gonna live? [turned the page again]
Paradise Falls, a land lost in time.
I ripped this right out a library book.
I'm gonna move my clubhouse there and park it right next to the falls.
Who knows what lives up there?
And once I get there, [turned another page, written "Stuff I'm Going To Do]
Well, I'm saying these pages for all the adventures I'm gonna have.
Only I just don't know how I'm gonna get to Paradise Falls.
~Young Ellie


Russell, reading the manual: Good afternoon.
My name is Russell.
And I am a Wilderness Explorer in Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12.
Are you in need of any assistance today, sir?
Mr. Fredericksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross the street.
Mr. Fredericksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross your yard.
Mr. Fredericksen: No.
Russell: I could help you cross your porch.
 Mr. Fredericksen: No.
Russell: Well, I gotta help you cross something.
Mr. Fredericksen: No, I'm doing fine.

Mr. Fredericksen: Hey, let's play a game.
It's called "see who can be quiet the longest."
Russell: Cool! My mom loves that game!

Russell, to Dug: Sit, boy. [Dug sits]
Hey look, he's trained.
Shake. [Dug put his paw on Russel's hand] Uh-huh.
Speak.
Dug: Hi, there.
[Mr. Fredericksen and Russell gasp]
Mr. Fredericksen: Did that dog just say 'hi, there'?
Dug: Oh yes. My name is Dug.
I have just met you and I love you.
My master made me this collar.
He is a good and smart master and he made me this collar so that I may talk.



I finally meet my childhood hero and he's trying to kill us, what a joke!
~Mr. Fredericksen

Russell: You know what, Mr. Fredericksen, the wilderness isn't quite what I expected.
Mr. Fredericksen: Yeah? How so?
Russell: It's kind of... wild.
I mean, it's not how they made it sound in my book.
Mr. Fredericksen: Get used to that, kid.
Russell: My dad made it sound so easy.
He's really good at camping and how to make fire from rocks and stuff.
He used to come to all my Sweat Lodge meetings.
And afterwards, we'd go get ice cream at Fentons.
I always get chocolate and he gets butter brickle.
Then we sit on this one curb right outside 
and I'll count all the blue cars and he counts all the red ones,
and whoever gets the most, wins.
I like that curb.
[glance at Mr. Fredericksen]
That might sound boring,
but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.


Thank's for the adventure.
Now go have a new one.
Love, Ellie
~written on the last page of Ellie's Book Adventure




*****

No comments:

Post a Comment