OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN [2004]

Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN [2004]

Secrets Will Be Revealed

 Aunt Marge: You're still here, are you?
Harry: Yes...
 Aunt Marge: Don't say yes in that ungrateful way.
Damn good of my brother to keep you. 
[to Uncle Vernon] He'd have been straight to an orphanage if he'd been dumped on my doorstep.

 Aunt Marge: Actually, it's nothing to do with the father, it's all to do with the mother.
You see it all the times with dogs. 
If something wrong with the bitch, then something's wrong with the pup. 
Harry: Shut up! Shut Up!

 Uncle Vernon: You bring her back! You bring her back now! You put her right!
Harry: No. She deserved what she got.
[Uncle Vernon try to choke Harry, but he thrust his wand]
Keep away from me.
Uncle Vernon: You can't do magic outside school.
Harry: Yeah? Try me.
Uncle Vernon: They won't let you back now. You've nowhere to go.
Harry: I don't care. Anywhere is better than here.

Welcome to the Knight Bus,
emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard.
My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor for this evening.
~Stan Shunpike

Harry: Who is that? That man... [on the newspaper]
Stan: Who is that? Who is... That is Sirius Black, that is.
Don't tell me you've never been hearing of Sirius Black. He's a murderer.
Got himself locked up in Azkaban for it.
Harry: How did he escape?
Stan: Well' that's the question, isn't it? He's the first one that done it.
He was a big supporter of... You-Know-Who.
I reckon you've heard of him.
Harry: Yeah, him I've heard of.

Minister Fudge: As Minister for Magic, it is my duty to inform you, Mr. Potter,
that earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located a little south of Sheffield,
circling a chimney stack.
The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched immediately.
She has been properly punctured and her memory modified.
She will have no recollection of the incident whatsoever.
So that's that... and no harm done.
Harry: Minister, I don't understand.
I broke the law. Underage wizards can't use magic at home.
Minister Fudge: Come now, Harry, The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts.
On the other hand, running away like that, given the state of things was very, very irresponsible.
Harry: "The state of things", sir?
Minister Fudge: We have a killer on the loose.
Harry: Sirius Black, you mean? But what's he got to do with me?
Minister Fudge: Nothing, of course. You're safe. And that's what matters.

Mr. Weasley: Harry, some within the Ministry would strongly discourage me
from divulging what I'm about to reveal to you.
But I think that you need to know the facts. 
You are in danger. Grave danger.
Harry: Has this anything to do with Sirius Black, sir?
Mr. Weasley: What do you know about Sirius Black, Harry?
Harry: Only that he'd escaped from Azkaban.
Mr. Weasley: Do you know why?
13 years ago, when you stopped...
Harry: Voldemort.
Mr. Weasley: Don't say his name.
Harry: Sorry...
Mr. Weasley: When you stopped You-Know-Who, Black lost everything.
But to this day, he still remains a faithful servant.
And in his mind, you are the only thing that stands in the way of You-Kno-Who returning to power.
And that is why he has escaped from Azkaban. To find you.
Harry: And kill me.
Mr. Weasley: Harry, swear to me that whatever you might hear, you won't go looking for Black.
Harry: Mr. Weasley, why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?

Ron, about a man sleeping in their cabin: Who do you think that is?
Hermione: Professor R.J. Lupin.
Ron: Do you know everything? How is it she knows everything?
Hermione: It's on his suitcase, Ronald.

Harry: What was that thing that came?
Prof. Lupin: It was a dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now.
It was searching the train for Sirius Black.

Finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic,
Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban,
until such a time as Sirius Black is captured.
The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds.
Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities,
a word of caution.
Dementors are vicious creatures.
They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way.
Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you.
It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving.
But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times
if one only remembers to turn on the light.
~Professor Albus Dumbledore


Welcome, my children.
In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination.
In this room, you shall discover if you possess The Sight.
Hello, I am Professor Trelawney.
Together we shall cast ourselves into the future.
~Professor Sybil Trelawney

The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read.
But first, you must broaden your minds.
First, you must look beyond.
~Professor Sybil Trelawney

Prof. Trelawney: Look at the cup. Tell me what you see.
Ron: Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering.
And that there could be the sun and that's happiness.
So, [to Harry] you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it.
Prof. Trelawney: Give me the cup.
[look at the cup and shocked] Oh, my dear boy, my dear... you have The Grim.

Taking form of a giant spectral dog.
It's among the darkest omens in our world.
It's an omen of death.

Hermione: Honestly, Ron, if you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline.
Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject.
Ron: Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking?
Hermione: A fair few.
Ron: Hang on, that's not possible. 
Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in 2 classes at once.
Hermione: Don't be silly, Ron, how could anyone be in 2 classes at once?

Hagrid: Say hello to Buckbeak.
Ron: Hagrid, exactly what is that?
Hagrid: That, Ron, is a hippogriff.
First thing you wanna know about hippogriff is they're very proud creatures, very easily offended.
You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may be the last thing you ever do.

Now, you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite.
So, step up, give him a nice bow, then you wait and see if he bows back.
If he does, you can go and touch him.
If not, well, we'll get to that later.
~Rubeus Hagrid, to Harry Potter

Prof. Lupin: Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what it is inside?
Dean: That's a boggart, that is.
Prof. Lupin: Very good, Mr. Thomas.
Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?
Hermione: No one knows.
Ron: When did she get here?
Hermione: Boggarts are shape-shifters. 
They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most.
That's what makes them so...
Prof. Lupin: So terrifying, yes, yes, yes...
Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart.
Let's practice it now. Without wands, please.
After me. Riddikulus!
Students: Riddikulus!
Prof. Lupin: Very good.
A little louder and very clear. Listen... Riddikulus!
Students: Riddikulus!
Draco, whispering to Vincent: This class is ridiculous.
Prof. Lupin: So much for the easy part.
You see, the incantation alone is not enough.
What really finishes a boggart is laughter.
You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing.

Harry: Professor, can I ask you something?
Prof. Lupin: You want to know why I stopped you facing that boggart, yes?
I thought it'd be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort.
Harry: I did think of Voldemort at first.
But then I remembered that night on the train and the dementor.
Prof. Lupin: I'm very impressed. That suggest what you fear the most is fear itself.
This is very wise.
Harry: Before I fainted, I heard something. A woman... screaming.
Prof. Lupin: Dementors force us to relive our very worst memories.
Our pain becomes their power.
Harry: I think it was my mother, the night she was murdered.
Prof. Lupin: The very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately.
Not by your scar, by your eyes.
They're your mother, Lily's.
Yes, oh yes, I knew her.
Your mother was there for me at a time when no one else was.
Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman.
She had a way of seeing the beauty in others, even, and most especially,
when that person not see it in themselves.
And your father, James, on the other hand, he... he had a certain, shall we say, talent for trouble.
A talent, rumor has it, he passed on to you.
You're more like them than you know, Harry.
In time, you'll come to see just how much.

Prof. Snape: If I may recall, prior to the start of term I expressed concerns
about your appointment of Professor...
Prof. Dumbledore: Not a single professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black enter it.
I'm quite convinced the castle is safe, and I'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses.
Prof. Snape: What about Potter? Should he be warned?
Prof. Dumbledore: Perhaps. But for now, let him sleep.
For in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud.

Prof. Snape: Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?
[Hermione raise her hand] No one? How disappointing.
Hermione: Please, sir.
An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal, a werewolf has no choice.
With each full moon, he no longer remembers who he is.
He'd kill his best friend.
Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind.

Harry: Professor, why do the dementors affect me so?
I mean, more than everyone else?
Prof. Lupin: Listen, Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth.
They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory
until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences.
You are not weak, Harry.
Dementors are affect you most because there are true horrors in your past.
Horrors in your classmates can scarcely imagine.
You have nothing to be ashamed of.
Harry: I'm scared, Professor.
Prof. Lupin: I'd consider you a fool if you weren't.
Harry: I need to know how to fight them. You could teach me.


Minister Fudge: Madame Rosmerta, I hope business is good.
Madame Rosmerta: It'd be a lot better if the Ministry wasn't sending dementors into my pub every other night!
Minister Fudge: We have a killer on the loose.
Madame Rosmerta: Sirius Black in Hogsmeade! And what would bring him here?
Minister Fudge: Harry Potter.
Madame Rosmerta: Harry Potter?

Madame Rosmerta: Tell me what this is all about.
Prof. McGonagall: Years ago, when Harry Potter's parents realized they were marked for death, remember, they hid, few knew where they were.
One who did was Sirius Black. And he told You-Know-Who.
Minister Fudge: Not only did Black lead him to the Potters that night,
he also killed Peter Pettigrew!
Madame Rosmerta: Peter Pettigrew?
Prof. McGonagall: Yes, little lump of a boy, always trailing after Sirius Black.
Madame Rosmerta: I remember. Never let James and Sirius out of his sight.
What happened?
Prof. McGonagall: Peter tried to warn the Potters and might have, had he not run into an old friend, Sirius Black.
Minister Fudge: Black was vicious. He didn't kill Pettigrew. He destroyed him!
A finger! That's all that was left, a finger, nothing else.
Prof. McGonagall: Sirius Black may not have put his hands to the Potters,
but he's the reason they're dead.
Minister Fudge: And now he wants to finish things that he started.
Madame Rosmerta: I don't believe it.
Minister Fudge: That's not the worst of it.
Madame Rosmerta: What could be worse?
Prof. McGonagall: This, Sirius Black was and remains to this day Harry Potter's godfather!

Hermione: Harry, what happened?
Harry: He was their friend, and he betrayed them. He was their friend!
I hope he finds me. Because when he does, I'm gonna be ready!
When he does, I'm gonna kill him!

Prof. Lupin: Are you sure about this, Harry?
This is very advanced magic well beyond the Ordinary Wizarding Level.
Harry: I'm sure.
Prof. Lupin: The spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. 
Did you ever hear of it? [Harry shakes his head]
A Patronus is a positive force.
For the wizard who conjures one, it works something like a shield, 
with the dementor feeding on it rather than him.
But in order for it to work, you need to think of a memory.
Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory.
Can you do this?

 Harry: That's one nasty dementor.
Prof. Lupin: Oh, no, no, no... that was a boggart, Harry, a boggart.
The real thing would be worse, much, much worse.
As a matter of interest, what were you thinking? Which memory did you choose?
Harry: The first time I rode a broom.
Prof. Lupin: That's not good enough. Not nearly good enough.
Harry: There's another. It's not happy, exactly.
It's the happiest I've ever felt, but it's complicated.
Prof. Lupin: Is it strong? [Harry nods] Then let's give it a try. You feel ready?

I was thinking of him... and Mom.
Seeing their faces.
They were talking to me.
Just talking.
That's the memory I chose.
I don't even know if it's real, but that's the best I have.
~Harry Potter

Your father never set much store by the rules either.
But he and your mother gave their lives to save yours.
Gambling their sacrifice by wandering the castle unprotected with a killer on the loose
seems to me a pretty poor way to repay them!
~Professor Remus Lupin

Hermione: Do you mind me trying?
The Grim possibly...
Prof. Trelawny: My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class
I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of divination.
[checking Hermione's palm hand] No, you see, there...
You may be young in years, but your heart is as shriveled as an old maid's,
your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave.

He will return tonight.
Tonight, he who betrayed his friends, whose heart rots with murder shall break free.
Innocent blood shall be split and servant and master shall be reunited once more.
~Professor Sybil Trelawny

Sirius: Let's kill him!
Hermione: No! I trusted you! And all this time, you've been his friend.
He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!
Prof. Lupin: How long have you known?
Hermione: Since Professor Snape set the essay.
Prof. Lupin: Well, Hermione, you are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met.
Sirius: Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill him!
Prof. Lupin: Wait!
Sirius: I did my waiting! 12 years of it! In Azkaban!
Prof. Lupin: Very well, kill him.
But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why.
Harry: I know why. You betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead!
Prof. Lupin: No, it wasn't him.
Somebody did betray your parents, somebody who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead!
Harry: Who was it then?
Sirius: Peter Pettigrew!
And he's in this room! Right now! 
Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!
Prof. Snape, appear somehow, to Sirius: Expelliarmus!
Vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you.
Prof. Lupin: Severus...
Prof. Snape: I told Dumbledore you were helping a friend into the castle. Here's the proof.
Sirius: Brillian, Snape. You've put your keen mind to the task and come to the wrong conclusion.
If you'll excuse us, Remus and I have business to attend to.
Prof. Snape: Give me a reason, I beg you!
Prof. Lupin: Severus, don't be a fool.
Sirius: He can't help it. It's habit.
Prof. Lupin: Be quiet!
Prof. Snape: You two, quarrelling like an old married couple.
Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set!
Prof. Snape: I could do it, you know.
But why deny the dementors? They're so longing to see you.

Harry: Tell me about Peter Pettigrew.
Prof. Lupin: He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend!
Harry: No, Pettigrew's dead, [to Sirius] you killed him!
Prof. Lupin: No, he didn't!
I thought so too, until you mentioned Pettigrew on the map.
Harry: The map was lying, then.
Sirius: The map never lies!
Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there! [point to Ron]
Ron: Me? He's mental!
Sirius: Not you! Your rat!
Ron: Scabbers has been in my family for...
Sirius: 12 years? Curiously long life for a common garden rat!
He's missing a toe, isn't he?
Ron: So what?
Harry: All they could find of Pettigrew was his...
Sirius: Finger!
Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!
Harry: Show me.

It's beautiful, isn't it?
I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors.
It'll be nice to do it again as a free man.
~Sirius Black

Sirius: That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it.
Harry: I didn't think my dad would have wanted his best friends to become killers.
Besides... dead, the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free.

Sirius: I don't know if you know, Harry,
but when you were born, James and Lily made me your godfather.
Harry: I know.
Sirius: I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle,
but if you ever wanted a different home...
Harry: What, come and  live with you?
Sirius: It's just a thought. I can understand if you don't want to.

A child's voice, however honest and true,
is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen.
~Professor Albus Dumbledore

Mysterious thing, time.
Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous.
~Professor Albus Dumbledore

 You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen.
And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime.
If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss.
If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared.
~Professor Albus Dumbledore

Hermione: This is a Time-Turner, Harry.
McGonagall gave it to me first term.
This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year.
Harry: You mean we've gone back in time?
Hermione: Yes.
Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment.
Clearly, something happened he wants us to change.

Sirius: You look so like your father. Except your eyes. You have...
Harry: My mother's eyes.
Sirius: It's cruel that I spent so much time with James and Lily, and you so little.
But know this, the ones that love us never really leave us.
You can always find them [put his hand on Harry's chest] in here.


Prof. Lupin: Why do you look so miserable, Harry?
Harry: None of it made any difference. Pettigrew escaped.
Prof. Lupin: Didn't make any difference?
Harry, you've made all the difference in the world. 
You uncovered the truth, you saved an innocent man from a terrible fate.
It made a great deal of difference.


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment