OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: IN HER SHOES [2005]

Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

IN HER SHOES [2005]

Friends. Rivals. Sisters.


The art of losing isn't hard to master; 
so many things seem... filled... with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. 
Lose something every day. 
Accept the fluster of lost door keys, the hour badly spent. 
The art of losing isn't hard to master. 
I lost two cities, lovely ones. 
And, vaster, some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent. 
 I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster. 
Even losing you... the joking voice, a gesture I love... I shan't have lied. 
It's evident the art of losing's not too hard to master though it may look like... 
Write it!... like disaster.
[Maggie Feller]

You're not going to look like this forever, you know. 
Eventually you'll be older, 
and all of the men who foot your bill now will be buying drinks for women half your age 
and then what will you do? 
Well, you'd better think of something because middle-aged tramps aren't cute, 
they're pathetic. 
[Rose Feller]

[Maggie Feller]: Shoes like these should not be locked in a closet! 
They should be living a life of scandal, 
and pasion and getting screwed in an alleyway by a billionaire 
while his frigid wife waits in the limo thinking that he just went back into the bar to get his cellphone. 
These are cute too. 
[Rose Feller]: Please tell me you just made that up.
[Maggie Feller]: Look, if you're not going to wear them... don't buy them! 
Leave them for someone who's going to get something out of them. 
[Rose Feller]: I get something out of them! 
When I feel bad I like to treat myself. 
 Clothes never look any good... food just makes me fatter... shoes always fit.


[Ella Hirsch]: Wrong dresser. It's in the sock drawer.
[Maggie Feller]: What?
[Ella Hirsch]: My cash. That's what you were looking for, right? That's what you want.
[Maggie Feller]: No! god!
[Ella Hirsch, sigh]: Oh, well. 
I guess after being absent for some 20-odd years 
I can't expect you to want to have a relationship with me. 
How much? 
[Maggie Feller]: How much what?
[Ella Hirsch]: MONEY, Maggie! How much money were you hoping to get from me?
[Maggie Feller]: ...I don't know.
[Ella Hirsch]: Yes, you do. 
[Maggie Feller]: I want to go to New York. Maybe act. I think I'd be good at it.
[Ella Hirsch]: Humph, clearly!... How much do you need? 
[Maggie Feller]: Three-grande.
[Ella Hirsch]: THAT you would not have found in the sock drawer... 
How much do you have? 
[Maggie doesn't respond. Ella nods]
[Ella Hirsch]: I won't give you three-thousand dollars, but I'll do this; 
they need help down at the assisted living center. 
You get that job, stop loafing around here like a princess... 
and I will match what you earn, penny for penny.
[Maggie stares at her, shocked]: ... You would do that? [Ella nods] Why?
[Ella Hirsch, sighs]: Because I'm your Grandmother.


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment