OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: BATMAN BEGINS [2005]

Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BATMAN BEGINS [2005]



Ducard: I speak for Ra's Al Ghul, a man greatly feared by the criminal underworld.
A man who can offer you a path.
Bruce: What makes you think I need a path?
Ducard: Someone like you is only here by choice.
You have been exploring the criminal fraternity but whatever your original intentions
you have become truly lost.
Bruce: And what path can Ra's Al Ghul offer?
Ducard: The path of a man who shares his hatred of evil and wishes to serve true justice.
The path of The League of Shadows.

 Ducard: If you make yourself more than just a man,
if you devote yourself to an ideal,
and if they can't stop you,
then you become something else entirely.
Bruce: Which is?
Ducard: Legend, Mr. Wayne.


Ducard: To manipulate the fears in others, you must first master your own.
Are you ready to begin?
Bruce: I can... I can barely stand.
Ducard kick him: Death does not wait for you to be ready!
Death is not considerate or fair!

Alfred: Took quite a fall, didn't we, Master Bruce?
Thomas: And why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.


Ducard: Do you still feel responsible for your parents' death?
Bruce: My anger outweighs my guilt.
Ducard: You have learned to bury your guilt with anger.
I will teach you to confront it and face the truth.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent.
~Ducard

The training is nothing!
Will is everything!
The will to act.
~Ducard

Ducard: Your anger gives you great power.
But if you let it, it will destroy you as it almost did me.
Bruce: What stopped it?
Ducard: Vengeance.

Alfred: With all due respect, sir, Wayne Manor is your house.
Bruce: No, Alfred, it's my father's house.
Alfred: Your father is dead.
Bruce: This place is a mausoleum.
If I have my way, I'll pull the damn thing down brick by brick.
Alfred: This house, Master Wayne, has sheltered 6 generations of your family.
Bruce: Why do you give a damn, Alfred? It's not your family.
Alfred: I give a damn because a good man once made me responsible
for what was most precious to him in the whole world.

Bruce: Should I just bury the past out there with my parents, Alfred?
Alfred: I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your past, sir.
Just know that there are those of us who care about what you do with your future.
Bruce: Haven't given up on me yet?
Alfred: Never.

Bruce: My parents deserved justice.
Rachel: You're not talking about justice. You're talking about revenge.
Bruce: Sometimes, they're the same.
Rachel: No, they're never the same.
Justice is about harmony.
Revenge is about you making yourself feel better.


We all know where to find him.
As long as he keeps the bad people rich and the good people scared, no one'll touch him.
Good people like your parents, who'll stand against injustice, they're gone.
What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing?
~Rachel Dawson

People from your world have so much to lose.
Now, you think because your mommy and your daddy got shot,
you know about the ugly side of life, but you don't.
You've never tasted desperate.
You're Bruce Wayne, the prince of Gotham.
You'd have to go 1000 miles to meet someone who didn't know your name.
So don't come here with your anger, trying to prove something to yourself.
This is a world you'll never understand.
And you always fear what you don't understand.
~Carmine Falcone

You've traveled the world to understand the criminal mind and conquer your fears.
 But a criminal is not complicated.
And what you really fear is inside yourself.
You fear your own power.
You fear your anger, the drive to do great or terrible things.
~Ducard

To conquer fear, you must become fear.
You must bask in the fear of other men.
And men fear most what they cannot see.
You have to become a terrible thought. 
A wraith.
You have to become an idea.
Feel terror cloud your senses.
Fell its power to distort. To control.
And know that this power can be yours.
Embrace your worst fear.
Become one with the darkness.
Focus. Concentrate. Master your senses.
You cannot leave any sign.
~Ducard

Bruce: I'm no executioner.
Ducard: Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.
Bruce: That's why it's so important.
It separates us from them.


 Lucius: Environmental procedures, defense projects, consumer products.
All prototypes. None in production. On any level whatsoever.
Bruce: None?
Lucius: What did they tell you this place was?
Bruce: They didn't tell me anything.
Lucius: Earle told me exactly what it was when he sent me down here.
Dead end.
Place to keep me from causing the board any more trouble.

Alfred: Why bats, Mr. Wayne?
Bruce: Bats are frightened me.
It's time my enemies shared my dread.

Bruce: How are the things?
Rachel: The same.
Job's getting worse.
Bruce: Can't change the world on your own.
Rachel: What choice do I have when you're too busy swimming?


Ducard: When I found you in that jail, you were lost.
But I believed in you.
I took away your fear and I showed you a path.
You were my greatest student.
It should be you standing by my side, saving the world.
Bruce: I'll be standing where I belong.
Between you and the people of Gotham.

If someone stands in the way of true justice,
you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart.
~Ducard

Bruce: What have I done, Alfred?
Everything my family, my father, built...
Alfred: The Wayne legacy is more than bricks and mortar, sir.
Bruce: I wanted to save Gotham. I failed.
Bruce: Why do we fall, sir?
So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Bruce: You still haven't given up on me?
Alfred: Never.

Rachel: At least tell me your name.
Batman: It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Rachel: Bruce?


Rachel: The day that Chill died, I said terrible things.
Bruce: But true things.
I was a coward with a gun and justice is about more than revenge, so thank you.
Rachel: I never stopped thinking about you. About us.
And when I heard you were back, I started to hope.
But then I found out about your mask.
Bruce: Batman's just a symbol, Rachel.
Rachel: No. This is your mask. Your real face is the one that criminals now fear.
The man I loved, the man who vanished, he never came back at all.
But maybe he's still out there somewhere.
Maybe someday, when Gotham no longer needs Batman, I'll see him again.


Gordon: I never said thank you.
Batman: And you'll never have to.



*****

1 comment: