OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING [1997]

Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING [1997]

Julianne Fell in Love With Her Best Friend  
The Day He Decided to Marry Someone Else


If he were feeling what I'm feeling then he would know how it feels. 
[Julianne Potter]

Michael, I love you. I've loved you for nine years. 
I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and, well, now, I'm just scared, so 
- I-I-I realize this comes at a very inopportune time, 
but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. 
Choose me. M-marry me. Let me make you happy. 
Oh, that sounds like three favors, doesn't it? B-but... 
[Julianne Potter]

[George Downes]: Listen, Jules. Why don't we stop and have a drink? 
You can take a later flight.
[Julianne Potter]: No, no, no, no. I'm a busy girl. 
I've got exactly four days to break up a wedding, 
steal the bride's fella and I haven't one clue how to do it. 
He was in love with everyday for nine godddamn years. Me!

[Julianne Potter]: You're going to humiliate me, aren't you? 
[George Downes]: Only if I can. 

[Julianne Potter]: What I mean, when I say annoyingly perfect, is that there is nothing annoying about her perfection. 
It's vulnerable and endearing... and that is annoying as shit.
[George Downes]: Ahh... you like her... 
[Julianne Potter]: If I didn't have to hate her, I'd adore her.


Look, tell him you love him. Bite the bullet.
[George Downes]

[George Downes]: Michael's chasing Kimmy?
[Julianne Potter]: Yes! 
[George Downes]: You're chasing Michael? 
[Julianne Potter]: YES! 
[George Downes]: Who's chasing you... nobody, get it? 
There's your answer. It's Kimmy. 


[George Downes]: The misery, the exquisite tragedy. The Susan Hayward of it all. 
I can just picture you there, sitting alone at your table in your lavender gown. 
[Julianne Potter]: Did I tell you my gown was lavender?
[George Downes]: Hair swept up. Haven't touched your cake. 
Probably drumming your fingernails on the white linen tablecloth, 
the way you do when you're really feeling down. 
Perhaps looking at those nails thinking: 
'God, I should have stopped in all my evil plotting to have that manicure', 
but it's too late now.
[Julianne Potter]: George, I didn't tell you my dress was lavender.
[George Downes]: Suddenly, a familiar song. 
And, you're off your chair in one, exquisite movement... 
wondering, searching, sniffing the wind like a dapple deer. 
Has God heard your little prayer? Will Cinderella dance again? 
And then, suddenly, the crowds part 
and there he is: sleek, stylish... radiant with charisma. 
Bizarrely, he's on the telephone. But then, so are you. 
And then he comes towards you... the moves of a jungle cat. 
Although you quite correctly sense that he is... gay... like most devastatingly handsome single men of his age are, you think... what the hell. 
Life goes on. 
Maybe there won't be marriage... maybe there won't be sex... 
but, by God, there'll be dancing. 


 He's got you on a pedestal and me in his arms.
[Kimmy Wallace]

[Kimmy Wallace]: He sucks soup through his front teeth. 
[Julianne Potter]: That's a trademark move. Don't touch that one. 
[Kimmy Wallace]: But he sure can kiss.

[Michael O'Neill]: Kimmy says if you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. 
Otherwise, the moment just... 
[Julianne Potter]: Passes you by.
[Michael O'Neill]: Passes you by. Yeah.



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment