OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE [1998]

Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE [1998]

Love Is The Only Inspiration






[William Shakespeare]: I'm done with theater. 
The playhouse is for dreamers. 
Look what the dream brought us. 
[Viola de Lesseps]: It was we ourselves did that. 
And for my life to come, I would not have it otherwise. 

[William Shakespeare]: I have a wife, yes, 
and I cannot marry the daughter of Sir Robert De Lesseps. 
You needed no wife come from Stratford to tell you that, and yet, you let me come to your bed. 
[Viola de Lesseps]: Calf-love. I loved the writer and gave up the prize for a sonnet. 
[William Shakespeare]: I was the more deceived. 
[Viola de Lesseps]: Yes, you were deceived, for I did not know how much I loved you. 






Love knows nothing of rank or river bank.
[William Shakespeare]

Love denied blights the soul we owe to God.
[William Shakespeare]





Good sir? I heard you were a poet. But a poet of no words? 
[Viola de Lesseps]

This is not life, Will. It is a stolen season. 
[Viola de Lesseps] 

I love you, Will, beyond poetry. 
[Viola de Lesseps]


The Master of the Revels despises us all for vagrants and peddlers of bombast. 
But my father, James Burbage, had the first license to make a company of players from Her Majesty, and he drew from poets the literature of the age. 
We must show them that we are men of parts. 
Will Shakespeare has a play. I have a theatre. The Curtain is yours. 
[Richard Burbage]


My lady, the tide waits for no man, but I swear it would wait for you.
[Lord Wessex] 



[Lord Wessex]: How is this to end?
[Queen Elizabeth]: As stories must when love's denied: with tears and a journey.


I don't know. It's a mystery.
[Philip Henslowe]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment