OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE X FILES [1998]

Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

THE X FILES [1998]

Cherish The Past
Enjoy The Present
Because The Truth Is Coming
Fight The Future





Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? 
The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? 
If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
[Mulder]

You know, one is the loneliest number.  
[Mulder]



[Mulder]: How many times have we been here before, Scully? Right here. 
So close to the truth and now with what we've seen and what we know to be right back at the beginning with nothing. 
[Scully]: This is different, Mulder. 
[Mulder]: No it isn't! You were right to want to quit! You were right to want to leave me! 
You should get as far away from me as you can! 
I'm not gonna watch you die, Scully, because of some hallow personal cause of mine. 
Go be a doctor. Go be a doctor while you still can. 
[Scully]: I can't. I won't. Mulder, I'll be a doctor, but my work is here with you now. 
That virus that I was exposed to, it has a cure. 
You held it in your hand. 
How many other lives can we save?
Look... if I quit now, they win.

[Mulder]: You wanna tell yourself that so you can quit with a clear conscience, you can, but you're wrong! 
[Scully]: Why did they assign me to you in the first place, Mulder? 
To debunk your work, to rein you in, to shut you down... 
[Mulder]: But you saved me! 
As difficult and as frustrating as it's been sometimes, your goddamned strict rationalism and science have saved me a thousand times over! 
You've kept me honest. You've made me a whole person. 
I owe you everything... Scully, and you owe me nothing. 
I don't know if I wanna do this alone. I don't even know if I can. 
And if I quit now, they win.


Survival is the ultimate ideology. 
[Well-Manicured Man]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment