OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE [2001]

Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE [2001]

Let The Magic Begin


Uncle Vernon: What happened?!
Harry: I swear, I don't know.
One minute the glass were there and then it was gone, like magic.
Uncle Vernon, push him to his tiny room under the stairs: There's no such thing as magic!

 Harry: Excuse me, but who are you?
Hagrid: Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper Of Keys And Grounds at Hogwarts.
Of course you know about Hogwarts.
Harry: Sorry, no.
Hagrid: Didn't you ever wonder where your mom and dad learned it all?
Harry: Learned what?
Hagrid: You're a wizard, Harry.
Harry: I'm a what?
Hagrid: A wizard.
A good one, I'd wager, once you're trained up a little.
Harry: No, you've made a mistake.
I mean... I can't be a wizard.
I mean... I'm just Harry. Just Harry.
Hagrid: Well, Just Harry, did you ever make anything happen?
Anything you couldn't explain, when you were angry or scared?
[Hagrid hand him a letter from Hogwarts about his acceptance]
Uncle Vernon: He will not be going!
We swore we'd put a stop to all this rubbish.
Harry to Uncle Vernon: You knew?
[to Aunt Petunia] You knew all along and you never told me?
Aunt Petunia: Of course we knew, how could you not be?
My perfect sister being who she was.
My mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter.
'We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful?"
I was the only one to see her for what she was.
A freak!
Then she met that Potter, and then she had you, and I knew you would be the same.
Just as strange, just as abnormal.
And then she got herself blown up and we got landed with you.
Harry: Blown up?
You told me my parents died in a car crash.
Hagrid: A car crash?
A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?
Aunt Petunia: We had to say something.
Hagrid: It's an outrage! A scandal!
Uncle Vernon: He'll not be going.
Hagrid: And I suppose a great muggle like you is going to stop him, are you?
Harry: Muggle?
Hagrid: Non-magic folk.
This boy had his name down since he were born.
He's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world.
And, he will be under the finest headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen, Albus Dumbledore.
Uncle Vernon: I will not pay to have a crackpot old fool teach him magis tricks.
Hagrid: Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me.

 Harry: "All students must be equipped with one standard size 2 pewter cauldron 
and may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat or a toad."
Can we find all these in London?
Hagrid: If you know where to go.

Hagrid: See, Harry? You're a famous.
Harry: But why am I famous, Hagrid?
All those people back there, how is it they know who I am?
Hagrid: I'm not sure I'm the right person to tell you that.

Mr. Ollivander, after handed Harry a wand: Curious. Very curious.
Harry: Sorry, but what's curious?
Mr. Ollivander: I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter.
It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather resides in your wand, gave another feather.
Just one other.
It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar.
[point to Harry's scar on his forehead]
Harry: And who owned that wand?
Mr. Ollivander: We do not speak his name.
The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.
It's not always clear why.
But I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you.
After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things.
Terrible... yes, but great.

Harry: He killed my parents, didn't he?
The one who gave me this. [touch his forehead]
You know, Hagrid. I know you do.
Hagrid: First, and understand this because it's very important: not all wizards are good.
Some of them go bad.
A few years ago there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go.
His name was V--
His name was V--
Harry: Maybe if you wrote it down?
Hagrid: No, I can't spell it.
All right, [whispering] Voldemort.
Harry: Voldemort?
Hagrid: It was dark times, Harry, dark times.
Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought them over to the dark side.
Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead.
Your parents fought against him.
But nobody lived once he decided to kill them.
Nobody. Not one. Except you.
Harry: Me? Voldemort tried to kill me?
Hagrid: Yes.
That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Harry.
A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse, an evil curse.
Harry: What happened to V--... To-You-Know-Who?
Hagrid: Well, some say he died.
Codswallop, in my opinion.
Nope, I reckon he's out there still... too tired to carry on.
But one thing's certain.
Something about you stumped him that night.
That's why you're famous.
That's why everybody knows your name.
You're the boy who lived.


Welcome to Hogwarts.
In a few moment, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates.
But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses.
They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.
While you're here, your house will be like your family.
Your triumphs will earn you points.
Any rule-breaking and you will lose points.
At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup.
~Prof. Minerva McGonagall

Draco: You'll soon find out wizarding families are better than others.
You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort.
I can help you there.
[handed him his hand, but Harry refuse to shake]
Harry: I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thank's.

Prof. Snape: Mr. Potter, our new celebrity.
Tell me, what would I get if I added root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?
[Hermione raise her hand, while Harry shake his head]
You don't know?
Let's try again.
Where would you look if I asked you to find a bezoar?
[Hermione raise her hand again]
Harry: I don't know, sir.
Prof. Snape: And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?
[Hermione still raise her hand]
Harry: I don't know, sir.
Prof. Snape: Pity.
Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?
Harry: Clearly, Hermione knows.
Seems a pity not to ask her.

Oliver: Quidditch is easy enough to understand.
Each team has 7 players: 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper and a seeker, that's you.
[open up a trunk, get a bigger ball and throw it to Harry]
There are 3 kinds of balls.
This one's called The Quaffle.
The chasers handle the quaffle and try to put it through one of those 3 hoops.
The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops.
With me so far?
Harry, throw back the quaffle: I think so.
What are those? [reffering to The Bludgers]
Oliver, handed him a bat: You better take this.
[he release The Bludger] Careful now, it's coming back.
[Harry hit it] Not bad, Potter. You'd make a fair Beater.
[The bludger fly back to them, Oliver chase it and lock it again]
Harry: What was that?
Oliver: Bludger. Nasty little buggers.
But you are a Seeker.
The only thing I want you to worry about is this, The Golden Snitch.
Harry: I like this ball.
Oliver: You like it now.
Just wait, it's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see.
Harry: What do I do with it?
Oliver: You catch it, before the other team's seeker.
You catch this, the game's over.
You catch this, Potter, and we win.

Prof. Dumbledore: The happiest man on earth would look in the mirror and see only himself exactly as he is.
 Harry: So then, it shows us what we want, whatever we want.
Prof. Dumbledore: Yes, and no.
It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest and most desperate desires of our hearts.
Now you, Harry, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you.
But remember this, Harry, this mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth.
Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad.




Voldemort: Harry Potter, we meet again.
Harry: Voldemort.
Voldemort: Yes. You see what I've become?
See what I must do to survive?
Live off another.
A mere parasite.
Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own.

 Harry: How do I get the stone, sir?
One minute I was staring in the mirror and...
Prof. Dumbledore: You see, only a person who wanted to find the stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it.
That is one of my more brilliant ideas.

Prof. Dumbledore: Harry, do you know why Prof. Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?
[Harry shakes his head]
It was because of your mother.
She sacrifices herself for you.
And that kind of act leaves a mark.
[Harry touch his scar]
No, this kind of mark cannot be seen.
It lives in your very skin.
Harry: What is it?
Prof. Dumbledore: Love, Harry, love.


Hagrid: If that dolt of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief,  
you could always threaten him with anice pair of ears to go with his tail.
Harry: But, Hagrid, we're not allowed to do magic away from Hogwarts, you know that.
Hagrid: I do, but your cousin don't, do he?


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment