OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: JURASSIC PARK III [2001]

Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

JURASSIC PARK III [2001]

Evolve or Die


Raptors were fierce, intelligent and socially sophisticated.
They were able to hunt in numbers and coordinate their efforts.
~Dr. Alan Grant

 Student 1: Your theory on raptors is good and all, but isn't all this conjecture kind of moot?
 Once the UN and Costa Rica and everyone decide how to handle that second island, 
scientists will just go in and look for themselves.
 Alan: Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago, what is left of them is fossilized in the rocks.
 And it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries.
 What John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme-park monsters. 
Nothing more and nothing less.
 Student 2: Are you saying that you wouldn't want to get onto Isla Sorna and study them if you had the chance?
 Alan: No force on earth or heaven could get me on that island.

 Billy, on the airplane: Alan, I want to thank you for bringing me along.
 Alan: The bones will still be there when we get back.
 That's the great thing about bones, they never run away.

 Alan: Why me?
Paul: He said we needed someone who'd been on the island before.
Udesky: Yes, but I did not tell you to kidnap somebody.
 Alan: I have never been on this island.
 Paul: Sure you have. You wrote that book.
 Billy: That was Isla Nublar. This is Isla Sorna, Site B.
 Udesky: You mean there are 2 islands with dinosaurs?

 Paul: Dr. Grant, we're not leaving this island without our son.
Alan: Then you can go and look for him.
 Or you can stick with us, as long as you don't hold us up.
 Either way, you probably won't get off this island alive.

 Amanda: Eric!
Alan: Quiet.
Paul: Would you stop that? Dr. Grant says this is very dangerous territory.
 Amanda: Maybe we should split up. We could cover twice as much.
 Paul: Dr. Grant says that's a bad idea.
 Amanda: Dr. Grant says this...
Paul: Why hire an expert if we don't use his advice?
 Amanda: Except Dr. Grant isn't looking for Eric. He's looking for the coast.
Paul: Go ahead and scream.
When that Tricycloplots attacks you, don't come crying to me.
Amanda: Don't worry about that.
Paul: What? What did you say?
Amanda: Never mind! Paul, just drop it.
Udesky, to Billy: If we split up, I'm going with you guys.



Alan: Thank's a lot, Eric.
Eric: You know who I am?
Alan: Yeah. Your parents are here. They're looking for you.

Eric: Together?
Alan: Together.
Eric: That's not good. They don't do so well together.
Alan: You'd be surprised what people can do when they have to.



Alan: Did you read Malcolm's book?
Eric: Yeah.
Alan: So?
Eric: I don't know. I mean... It was kind of preachy.
And too much chaos. Everything is chaos. Seemed like he was high on himself.

Alan: Did you steal raptor eggs? Now it all makes sense.
Billy: I swear, if I'd known you were going to end up with them...
It was an impulse, I thought they'd be worth a fortune.
Enough to fund the dig site another 10 more years.
You have to believe me. This was a stupid decision, but I did it with the best intentions.
Alan: "With the best intentions."
Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions.
You know what, Billy? 
As far as I'm concerned, you're no better than the people that built this place.





*****

No comments:

Post a Comment