OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: I AM SAM [2001]

Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I AM SAM [2001]

Love Is All You Need



All you need is love.
[Lucy]

I want no other daddy but you. [shouts]
Did you hear that? 
I said I didn't want any other daddy but him. 
Why don't you write that down? 
[Lucy, being observed]



[Sam]: You think what they think. 
[Rita]: It doesn't matter what I think. It matters that we win.
[Sam]: No, you think what they think. You think Sam can't take care of Lucy! 
[Rita]: Sam, it doesn't matter what I think! 
[Sam]: It matters to me! 



[Sam]: Yeah, but I tried, I tried hard. 
[Rita]: Try harder! 
[Sam]: Yeah, but you don't know, you don't know! 
[Rita]: I don't know WHAT?
[Sam]: Yeah, you don't know what is like when you try, and you try, and you try, and you try, and you don't ever get there! 
Because you were born perfect and I was born like this, and you're perfect! 
[Rita]: Oh, is that right? 
[Sam]: People like you don't know... 
[Rita]: People like me? 
[Sam]: People like you don't know what is like to get hurted. 
Because you don't have feelings. 
People like you don't feel anything! 

[Sam]: Lucy doesn't need me anymore. 
She has a new family now... and she doesn't need me anymore.
[Rita]: Is that what she said? 
[Sam]: It's because I know that. Because I just know that. 
[Rita]: Well. That's the first stupid thing I've ever heard you say.


[Rita]: Now, Ms. Cossell, in all the time that you've known them, have you ever questioned Sam's ability as a father? 
[Annie]: Never.
[Rita]: Never? 
[Annie]: Never. 
Look at Lucy. She's strong. She displays true empathy for people, all kinds of people. 
I know that you all think she's as smart as she is despite him, but it's because of him. 
[Rita]: So what you're saying is you don't worry about Lucy's future? 
[Annie]: No, I do. 
[Rita]: Ah... 
[Annie]: I worry all the time. 
I worry if they take Lucy away from her father they will take away an enormous piece of her, and I worry that she will spend the rest of her life trying to fill that hole. 


[Conner Rhodes]: Are you a retard too? 
[Lucy]: No! 
[Conner Rhodes]: How do you know?
[Lucy]: Because he told me. 
[Conner Rhodes]: But he's a retard!
[Lucy]: It takes one to know one. 


[Lucy]: Why are men bald? 
[Sam]: Sometimes they're bald because their head is shiny and they don't have hair on it. 
So their head is just more of their face.



[Lucy]: I won't read the word! 
[Sam]: I'm your father and I'm telling you to read the word. 
Cause I can tell you to because I'm your father. 
[Lucy]: I'm stupid.
[Sam]: You are not stupid! 
[Lucy]: Yes, I am. 
[Sam]: No, you are not stupid 'cause you can read that word. 
[Lucy]: I don't wanna read it if you can't. 
[Sam]: No, because it makes me happy! 
It makes me happy hearing you read. 
Yeah, it makes me happy when you're reading. 



[Lucy]: Daddy, did God made for you to be like this or was it an accident?
[Sam]: Ok, what do you mean? 
[Lucy]: I mean you're different. 
[Sam]: But what do you mean? 
[Lucy]: You're not like other daddies. 
[Sam]: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry.
[Lucy]: It's ok, daddy. It's ok. Don't be sorry. 
I'm lucky. Nobody else's daddy ever comes to the park. 
[Sam]: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah, we are lucky. Aren't we lucky? Yeah! 





*****

No comments:

Post a Comment