OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: HELLBOY [2004]

Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

HELLBOY [2004]

From The Dark Side To Our Side
[Grigori Rasputin]: He disclosed to me the child's true name. 
Would you like to know it? 
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]: I already know what to call him. 
I call him SON.


Didn't I kill you already?  
[Hellboy]

What is it that makes a man a man? 
Is it his origins, the way things start. 
Or is it something else, something harder to describe? 
For me it all began in 1944, classified mission off the coast of Scotland. 
The Nazis were desperate. 
Combining science and black magic they intended to upset the balance of the war. 
I was 28, already a paranormal advisor to President Roosevelt. 
I could never have suspected that what would transpire that night 
would not only effect the course of history but change my life forever.  
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]


In the absence of light, darkness prevails. 
There are things that go bump in the night, Agent Myers. 
Make no mistake about that. 
And we are the ones who bump back.  
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]



My uncle used to say that we like people for their qualities 
but we love them for their defects. 
[John Myers] 


If there's trouble, all us freaks have is each other.
[Abe Sapien]


Yeah, well, your guest happens to be six-foot five, bright red, has a tail, 
and is government funded. 
[Tom Manning]

[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]: 1937, Hitler joins the Thule Society, 
a group of German aristocrats obsessed with the occult. 
In 1938, he acquired the spear of Longinus, which pierced the side of Christ. 
He who holds it becomes invincible. 
Hitler's power increases tenfold. 
1943, President Roosevelt decides to fight back. 
The Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense is born. 
1958, the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler. 
[John Myers]: 1945, you mean. Hitler died in '45. 
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]: Did he now? 

[John Myers]: Hey, no one goes with him? Jesus. 
[Abe Sapien]: No. He likes it that way. The whole 'lonely hero' thing. 

[John Myers]: He doesn't want me with him. I know that much. 
He respects Clay, not me. 
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]: You're doing fine.
[John Myers]: No, I'm not. Look, I'm really sorry, but I'm not your guy. 
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]: I'm dying, Agent Myers. 
Like any father, I worry about him. 
In medieval stories, there is often a young knight who is inexperienced, but pure of heart.
[John Myers]: Oh, come on. I am not pure of heart.
[Abe Sapien]: Yes, you are. 
[Prof. Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm]: Rasputin is back for him. 
What I'm asking of you is to have the courage to stand by him when I am gone. 
He was born a demon; we can't change that. 
But you will help him, in essence, to become a man.




*****

No comments:

Post a Comment