OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRET [2002]

Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRET [2002]

The Chamber Of Secrets Has Opened
Uncle Vernon: Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we?
Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?
Aunt Petunia: In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home.
Uncle Vernon: Good.
And Dudley, you will be...?
Dudley: I'll be waiting to open the door.
Uncle Vernon: Excellent.
[to Harry] And you?
Harry: I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending that I don't exist.
Uncle Vernon: Too right you will.

Dobby: Harry Potter, such an honor it is.
 Harry: Who're you?
Dobby: Dobby, sir. Dobby, the house-elf.

Dobby: Dobby had to come.
Dobby has to protect Harry Potter, to warn him.
Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year.
There is a plot, a plot to make most terrible things happen.
Harry: What terrible things? Who's plotting them?
Dobby: Urgh, can't say!

Lucius: Your scar is legend.
As, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you.
Harry: Voldemort killed my parents.
He was nothing more than a murderer.
Lucius: You must be very brave to mention his name... or very foolish.
Hermione: Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.

Hermione: He called me a Mudblood.
Hagrid: He did not!
Harry: What's a Mudblood?
Hermione: It means "dirty blood".
Mudblood's a foul name for someone who's Muggle-born.
Someone with no magic parents.
Someone like me.
It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation.


Hermione: Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets.
Prof. McGonagall: Very well. 
You all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, 
by the 4 greatest witches and wizards of the age:
Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin.
Now, 3 of the founders coexisted quite harmonoiusly.
One did not.
Ron: 3 guesses who.
Prof. McGonagall: Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts.
He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families.
In other words, pure-bloods.
Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school.
Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle,
 known as the Chamber of Secrets.
 Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it, 
until that time when his own true heir returned to the school.
The heir alone would be able to open the chamber, and unleash the horror within,
and by so doing purge the school of all those who in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic.
Hermione: Muggle-borns.
Prof. McGonagall: Naturally, the school has been searched many times.
No such chamber has been found.
Hermione: Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?
Prof. McGonagall: The chamber is said to be home to something that only the heir of Slytherin can control.
It is said to be the home of a monster.

Harry, about Dobby's clothes: Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?
Dobby: This, sir?
It is a mark of the house-elf's enslavement.
Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes.

Terrible things are about to happen at Hogwars.
Harry Potter must not stay here, now that history is to repeat itself.
~Dobby

Ron: You're a Parselmouth? Why didn't you tell us?
Harry: I'm a what?
Hermione: You can talk to snakes.
Harry: I know.
I accidentally set a phyton on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once. Once.
But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it.
Hermione: No, they can't. It's not a very common gift, Harry.
This is bad.
Harry: What's bad?
If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin...
Ron: Owh, that's what you said to it?
Harry: You were there. You heard me.
Ron: I heard you speaking Parseltongue, snake language.
Harry: I spoke a different language? [Ron nodded] 
But I didn't realize... How can I speak a language without knowing I can?
Hermione: I don't know, Harry, but it sounded like you were egging the snake on or something.
Harry, listen to me.
There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent.
Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth.
He could talk to snakes too.
Ron: Exactly.
Now the whole school's gonna think you're his great-great-great grandson or something.
Harry: But I'm not. I can't be.
Hermione: He lived a thousand years ago.
For all we know, you could be.

My father did say this:
'It's been 50 years since the chamber was opened.'
He wouldn't tell me who opened it.
Only that they were expelled.
The last time The Chamber of Secrets was opened, a mudblood died.
So it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time.
As for me, I hope it's Granger.
~Draco Malfoy

If the governors desire my removal, I will of course, step aside.
However, you will find that help  will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.
~Albus Dumbledore

If anybody was looking for some stuff, 
then all they'd have to do would be to follow the spiders.
~Rubeus Hagrid

Harry: You're Aragog, aren't you?
Aragog: Yes.
Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before.
Harry: He's in trouble.
Up at the school, there have been attacks.
They think it's Hagrid.
They think he opened The Chamber of Secrets. Like before.
Aragog: That's a lie. Hagrid never opened The Chamber of Secrets.
Harry: Then you're not the monster?
Aragog: No.
The monster was born in the castle.
I came to Hagrid from a distant land in the pocket of a traveler.
Harry: But if you're not the monster, then what did kill that girl 50 years ago?
Aragog: We do not speak of it.
It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others.
Harry: But have you seen it?
Aragog: I never saw any part of the castle but the box in which Hagrid kept me.
The girl was discovered in a bathroom.
When I was accused, Hagrid brought me here.

Wish you were here, Hermione.
We need you.
Now more than ever.
~Harry Potter, to petrified Hermione

Harry: The monster in The Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk.
That's why I can hear it speak.
It's a snake.
Ron: But if it kills ny looking people in the eye, why is it no one's dead?
Harry: Because no one did look it in the eye.
Not directly, at least.
Colin saw it through his camera.
Justin must have seen the basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick.
Nick got the full blast of it.
But he's a ghost, he couldn't die again.
And Hermione had the mirror.
I bet you she was using it to look around in case it came along.
Ron: And Mrs. Norris?
I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry.
Harry: The water.
There was water on the floor that night.
She only saw the basilisk's reflection.

Moaning Myrtile: Hello, Harry. What do you want?
Harry: To ask you how you died.
Moaning Myrtile: It was dreadful.
It happened right here in this very cubicle.
I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses.
I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in.
Harry: Who was it, Myrtile?
Moaning Myrtile: I don't know.
I was distraught!
But they said something funny, a kind of made-up language.
And I realized it was a boy, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and...
I died.
Harry: Just like that? How?
Moaning Myrtile: I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes over there by that sink.

Tom Riddle: Killing mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore.
For many months now, my new target has been you.
How is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent 
was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time?
How did you escape with nothing but a scar, 
while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?
Harry: Why do you care how I escaped?
Voldemort was after your time.
Tom Riddle: Voldemort is my past, present and future.


Prof. Dumbledore: I sense that something is troubling you.
Am I right, Harry?
Harry: I couldn't help but notice certain things, certain similarities between Tom Riddle and me.
Prof. Dumbledore: Well, you can speak parseltongue, Harry. Why?
Because Lord Voldemort can speak parseltongue.
If I'm not mistaken, Harry, 
he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar.
Harry: Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?
Prof. Dumbledore: Not intentionally, but yes.
Harry: So the Sorting Hat was right.
I should be in Slytherin.
Prof. Dumbledore: It's true.
You possess many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes.
Determination, resourcefulness, and if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules.
Why, then, did the Sorting Hat place you in Gryffindor?
Harry: Because I asked it to.
Prof. Dumbledore: Exactly, Harry, exactly. Which makes you different from Voldemort
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are.
It is our choices.




Dobby: Master has given Dobby a sock.
Lucius: What? I didn't give...
Dobby: Master has presented Dobby with clothes.
Dobby is free.

You shall not harm Harry Potter.
~Dobby

Dobby: Harry Potter freed Dobby.
How can Dobby ever repay him?
Harry: Just promise me something.
Dobby: Anything, sir.
Harry: Never try to save my life again.


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment