OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: RED DRAGON [2002]

Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

RED DRAGON [2002]

Before the Silence


My dear Will, you must be healed by now, on the outside at least, 
I hope you're not too ugly. 
What a collection of scars you have. 
Never forget who gave you the best of them, and be grateful, 
our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real. 
We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? 
Neither savage nor wise. 
Half measures of the curse of it, 
any rational society will either kill me or put me to some use. 
Do you dream much, Will? 
I think of you often. 
Your old friend, Hannibal Lecter. 
[Hannibal Lecter] 


You stink of fear under that cheap lotion. 
You stink of fear Will, but you're not a coward. 
You fear me, but still you came here. 
You fear this shy boy, yet still you seek him out. 
Don't you understand, Will? You caught me because we're very much alike. 
Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards. 
Fear... is the price of our instrument. 
But I can help you bear it.  
[Hannibal Lecter]

Remarkable boy. I do admire your courage. I think I'll eat your heart.  
[Hannibal Lecter]

You will not persuade me with appeals to my intellectual vanity. 
[Hannibal Lecter]

A robin red-breast in a cage, puts all of Heaven in a rage. 
Think to yourself that every day is your last. 
The hour to which you do not look forward will come as a welcome surprise. 
As for me, when you want a good laugh, 
you will find me in fine state... fat and sleek, a true hog of Epicurus's herd.  
[Hannibal Lecter]

I'm the great Red Dragon.
[Francis Dolarhyde]

To me, you are a slug in the sun. 
You are privy to a great becoming but you recognize nothing. 
You are an ant in the afterbirth. 
Before me you rightly tremble. 
But you owe me more than fear. 
YOU OWE ME AWE.  
[Francis Dolarhyde]


[Will Graham]: I thought you might enjoy the challenge. 
Find out if you're smarter than the person I'm looking for. 
[Hannibal Lecter]: Then, by implication, you think you're smarter than I am, 
since it was you who caught me. 
[Will Graham]: No, I know I'm not smarter than you. 
[Hannibal Lecter]: Then how did you catch me? 
[Will Graham]: You had... disadvantages. 
[Hannibal Lecter]: What disadvantages?
[Will Graham]: You're insane.


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment