OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: PETERPAN [2003]

Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

PETERPAN [2003]

Let The Fight Begin
  
 All children grow up.
Except one...

Wendy: My fulfilled ambition is to write a great novel in 3 parts about my adventures.
Aunt Millicent: What adventures?
Wendy: I've yet to have them, but they will be perfectly thrilling.
Aunt Millicent: But, child, novelists are not highly thought of in good society.
And there is nothing so difficult to marry as a novelist.

 Aunt Millicent: Oh, it's quite as I expected.
Wendy possesses a woman's chin.
Have you not noticed? Observe her mouth.
There, hidden in the right-hand corner, is that a kiss?
John: A kiss?
Michael: Like mother's kiss.
Aunt Millicent: A hidden kiss.
Wendy: But what is it for?
Aunt Millicent: It is for the greatest adventure of all.
They that find it, have slipped in and out of heaven.
Wendy: Find what?
Aunt Millicent: The one the kiss belongs to.


Tomorrow you begin your instruction with Aunt Millicent.
It's time for you to grow up!
~Mr. Darling, to Wendy

Mrs. Darling: There are many different kinds of bravery.
There's the bravery of thinking of others before oneself.
Now, your father has never brandished a sword nor fired a pistol, thank heavens.
But he's made many sacrifices for his family and put away many dreams.
Michael: Where did he put them?
Mrs. Darling: He put them in a drawer.
And sometimes, late at night, we take them out and admire them.
But it gets harder and harder to close the drawer.
He does.
And that is why he is brave.

Wendy: What is your name?
PeterPan: What is your name?
Wendy: Wendy Moira Angela Darling.
PeterPan: Peter... Pan.
Wendy: Where do you live?
PeterPan: Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Wendy: They put that on the letters?
PeterPan: Don't get any letters.
Wendy: But your mother gets letters.
PeterPan: Don't have a mother.
Wendy: No wonder you were crying.
PeterPan: I wasn't crying about mothers.
I was crying because I can't get the shadow to stick.
And I wasn't crying!

PeterPan: Wendy, one girl is worth more than 20 boys.
Wendy: You really think so?
PeterPan: I live with boys... The Lost Boys. They are well named.
Wendy: Who are they?
PeterPan: Children who fall out of their prams when the nurse is not looking.
If they are not claimed in 7 days, they are sent to The Neverland.

Wendy: How old are you, Peter?
PeterPan: Quite young.
Wendy: Don't you know?
PeterPan: I ran away.
One night, I heard my mother and father talking of what I was to be when I became a man.
So I ran away to Kensington Gardens and I met Tink.
Wendy: Tink?
PeterPan: TinkerBell. She's my fairy.
Wendy: But there's no such this as...
PeterPan: Don't say that!
Every time somebody says that, a fairy somewhere falls down dead.
And I shall never find her if she's dead.

[after Wendy trying to kiss PeterPan]
PeterPan, about Tink: She says if you try to give me a thimble again, she'll kill you.
Wendy: Oh. And I had supposed fairies to be charming.

Wendy: Peter, don't go.
PeterPan: I have to tell the others about Cinderella.
Wendy: But I know lots of stories, stories I could tell the boys.
PeterPan: Come with me.
Wendy: I... I cannot fly.
PeterPan: I'll teach you. I'll teach you to ride the wind's back, and away we go.
[holds Wendy's hand]


Slightly: Wendy lady, for you we built this house with a door knocker.
Tootless: And a chimney.
The Lost boys: Please be our mother.
Wendy: Well, it is frightfully fascinating. But you see, I've had no real experience.
Twin: Do you tell stories?
Wendy: Yes.
Curly: Then you're perfect.
Wendy: Very well, I will do my best.

Mermaids are not as they are in storybooks.
They are dark creatures in touch with all things mysterious.

Wendy, see the mermaids: Oh, how sweet. Are mermaids not sweet?
PeterPan: They'll sweetly drown you if you get too close.

Hook: If I were you, I'd be give up.
PeterPan: If you were me, I'd be ugly.

Hook: And now, PeterPan, you shall die.
PeterPan: To die will be an awfully big adventure.

PeterPan: Wendy, it's only make-believe, isn't it?
That you and I are...
Wendy, you see, it would make me seem so old to be a real father.
Wendy: Peter, what are your real feelings?
PeterPan: Feelings?
Wendy: What do you feel?
Happiness? Sadness? Jealousy?
PeterPan: Jealousy? Tink!
Wendy: Anger?
PeterPan: Anger? Hook.
Wendy: Love?
PeterPan: Love?
Wendy: Love.
PeterPan: I have never heard of it.
Wendy: I think you have, Peter. 
I daresay you've felt it yourself, for something, or someone.
PeterPan: Never! Even the sound of it offends me.
Wendy: Peter [trying to touch him, but Peter ran away]
Peter: Why do you spoil everything? We have fun, don't we?
I taught you to fight and to fly. What more could there be?
Wendy: There is so much more.
PeterPan: What? What else is there?
Wendy: I don't know. I think it becomes clearer when you grow up.
PeterPan: Well, I will not grow up! You cannot make me!
I will banish you like TinkerBell!
Wendy: I will not be banished!
PeterPan: Then go home! Go home and grow up!
And take your feelings with you!

Wendy: My parents wanted me to grow up.
Hook: Growing up is such a barbarous business, full of inconvenience and pimples.
Wendy: Things are simpler when I was younger.
Hook: And then the mess starts, the feelings come.
Pan is so lucky to be untroubled by them.
Oh, no... he cannot love.
It's part of the riddle of his being.


Wendy: John, what is your father's name?
John: My father's name? Peter.
Wendy: Michael, who is your mother?
Tootles: Well, he got the easy one.
Michael: You are my mother, Wendy.

Tootles: Mother and Father are fighting again.
Wendy: Sir, you are both ungallant and deficient.
PeterPan: How am I deficient?
Wendy: You're just a boy.
Michael: Are you really to be a pirate, Mother?
Wendy: No.
We are going home.
John: Leave Neverland?
Wendy: We must. We have forgotten our parents.
We must leave at once before we in turn are forgotten.

PeterPan: You can't catch me and make me a man.
Wendy: Peter.
PeterPan: I want always to be a boy and have fun.
Wendy: You say so, but I think it is your biggest pretend.


Smee: Red-Handed Jill is gonna tell us a story.
Wendy: Once upon a time there was a boy named Peter Pan who decided not to grow up.
Hook: Skip the prologue.
Wendy: So he flew away to The Neverland where the pirates are.
Noodler: Was one of them pirates called Noodler?
Wendy: Yes.
Noodler: Captain, did you hear? I am in a story.
[Hook shoot him. The Lost Boys are screaming]
Hook: What fun he must have had.
Wendy: Yes. But he was rather lonely.
Hook: Lonely? He needed a Wendy.
Pirate: I need a Wendy.
[Hook shoot him also]
Smee: Very exciting. Two dead already.
Hook: Why a Wendy?
Wendy: He liked my stories.
Hook: What stories?
Wendy: Cinderella... Snow White... Sleeping Beauty...
Hook: Love stories?
Wendy: Adventures in which good triumphs over evil.
Hook: They all end in a kiss. [gasps] A kiss... He does feel. He feels about you.
[Hook cut the ropes that tied Wendy]
She told him stories. He taught her to fly. How?
Wendy: You just think happy thoughts. They lift you into the air.
Hook: Alas, I have no happy thoughts.
Wendy: That brings you down.
Hook: What else?
Michael: Fairy dust! You need fairy dust!
The Lost Boys: Michael!!!!!
Hook, smirks: What of Pan? Will unhappy thoughts bring him down?
Wendy: He has no unhappy thoughts.


Hook: I know what you are.
PeterPan: I am the best there ever was!

Hook: She was leaving you, Pan. Your Wendy was leaving you.
Why should she stay? What have you to offer? You are incomplete.
She'd rather grow up than stay with you.
Let us now take a peep into the future.
What's this I see? 
'Tis the fair Wendy. She's in her nursery. The window's shut
PeterPan: I'll open it!
Hook: I'm afraid the window's barred.
PeterPan: I'll call out her name.
Hook: She can't hear you.
PeterPan: No!
Hook: She can't see you.
PeterPan: Wendy!
Hook: She's forgotten all about you.
PeterPan: Stop! Please! Stop it!
Hook: And what is this I see?
There is another in your place. He is called... husband.
[Hook hit him and PeterPan fell]


This belongs to you, and always will.
~Wendy, and she kiss PeterPan


Aunt Millicent: What is the matter, child?
Slightly: I couldn't find the house. And now everyone has a mother, except me.
[Tink shots her with her dust]
Aunt Millicent: Is your name Slightly?
Slightly: Yes.
Aunt Millicent: Then I am your mother.
Slightly: How do you know?
Aunt Millicent: I feel it in my bones.






*****

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! and i literally knew all the lines and tone of the words from the movie❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete