OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: LOVE ACTUALLY [2003]

Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

LOVE ACTUALLY [2003]

Love Actually Is All Around


Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport.
General options makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that.
Seems to me that love is everywhere.
Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy but it's always there.
Fathers and sons, mother and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.
When the planes hit the Twin Towers,
none of the phone calls from people on board were messages of hate or revenge, 
they were all messages of love.
If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.
~The Prime Minister


 Prime Minister: Hello, Natalie.
Natalie: Hello, David... I mean, sir...
Shit, I can't believe I've just said that.
And now I've gone and said 'shit'. Twice. I'm so sorry, sir.
Prime Minister: You could've said 'fuck' and we'd have been in real trouble.
Natalie: Thank you, sir.
I had a premonition I was gonna fuck up on my first day.
Oh, piss it! [embarassed]

I am Colin, God of Sex.

I'm just on the wrong continent, that's all.
~Colin

Billy: Christmas is a time for people with someone they love in their lives.
Michael: And that's not you?
Billy: That's not me, Michael.
When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish,
and now I'm left with no one, wrinkled and alone.

He said I was getting fat.
He said no one'd fancy a girl with thighs the size of 3 trunks.
Not a nice guy, actually, in the end.
~Natalie

Hiya, kids.
Here's an important message from your Uncle Bill... don't buy drugs.
Become a pop star and they give you them for free.
~Billy Mack

I love that word 'relationship'.
Covers all manner of sins, doesn't it?
I fear that this has become a bad relationship.
A relationship based on the President taking what he wants 
and casually ignoring all those things that really matter to... Britain.
We may be a small country but we're a great one, too.
The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, The Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter.
David Beckham's right foot, David Beckham's left foot come to that.
And a friend who bullies us is no longer a friend.
And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward, I will be prepared to be much stronger.
And the President should be prepared for that.
~The Prime Minister

[on the phone]
Prime Minister: I'm very busy and important, how can I help you?
Karen: Have you gone completely insane?
Prime Minister: You can't always be sensible.
Karen: 'You can if you're Prime Minister.'

The trouble with being The Prime Minister's sister is it puts your life into perspective.
What did my brother do today?
He stood up for his country.
What did I do?
I made a papier-mache-lobster head.
~Karen

Harry: What is this we're listening to?
Karen: Joni Mitchell.
Harry: I can't believe you still listen to Joni Mitchell.
Karen: I love her and true love lasts a lifetime.
Joni Mitchell is the woman who taught your cold English wife how to feel.
Harry: Did she?
Oh, well, that's good, I must write to her and say thanks.

Aurelia: Later you'll drive me home?
Jamie: Sure. It's my favorite time of day, driving you.
Aurelia: It's the saddest part of my day, leaving you.


[on the phone]
Harry: Are you gonna give me something?
Mia: I thought I made it clear last night.
When it comes to me, you can have everything.
Harry: So, what do you need?
Something along the stationery line? Are you short of staplers?
Mia: No, I don't want something I need.
I want something I want. Something pretty.

The thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.
~Sam

Billy: I realized that Christmas is the time to be with the people you love.
And I realized that, as dire chance and fateful cockup would have it, here I am, 
mid-fifties, and without knowing it, I've spent most of my adult life with a chubby employee.
And much as it grieves me to say it, it might be that the people I love is, in fact, you.
Joe: This is a surprise.
Billy: I left Elton's and a hefty number of half-naked chicks with their mouths open
in order to hang out with you at Christmas.
It's a terrible, terrible mistake, chubs, 
but you turn out to be the fucking love of my life.
And to be honest, despite all my complaining, we have had a wonderful life.
Joe: Thank you, it's been an honor. I feel very proud.


Karen: Tell me, if you were in my position, what would you do?
Harry: What position is that?
Karen: Imagine your husband bought a gold necklace 
and, come Christmas, gave it to somebody else.
Harry: Oh, Karen...
Karen: Would you wait around to find out if it's just a necklace or if it's sex and a necklace,
or if, worst of all, it's a necklace and love?
Would you stay?
Knowing life would always be a little bit worse?
Or would you cut and run?
Harry: Oh, God.
I am so in the wrong. A classic fool.
Karen: Yes, but you've also made a fool out of me.
You've made the life I lead foolish, too.















 


Daniel: Tell her, then.
Sam: Tell her what?
Daniel: That you love her.
Sam: No way. Anyway, they fly tonight.
Daniel: Even better.
Sam, you've got nothing to lose and you'll always regret it if you don't.
I never told your mum enough.
I should have told her every day because she was perfect every day.
You've seen the films, kiddo. It ain't over till it's over.
Sam: Okay, dad, let's do it.
Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love.





*****

No comments:

Post a Comment