OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: BICENTENNIAL MAN [1999]

Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

BICENTENNIAL MAN [1999]

One Robot's 200 Year Journey to Become an Ordinary Man



 As the great Andrew Martin once said 'One is glad to be of service'.
[Galatea] 

 I think personality is much more important than intelligence, don't you? 
[Galatea]


[Rupert Burns]: What do they say? 
[Andrew Martin]: That you can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. 
That two bodies can become so mixed up, that you don't know who's who or what's what. 
And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do. 
Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there. 
That's a miracle. 
You can go to heaven and come back alive. 
You can go back anytime you want with the one you love. 
[Rupert Burns]: And you want to experience that?
[Andrew Martin]: Oh, yes, please.
[Rupert Burns]: So do I. 



[President Marjorie Bota]: Andrew Martin
[Andrew Martin]: I've always tried to make sense of things. 
There must be some reason I am as I am. 
As you can see, Madame Chairman, I am no longer immortal.
[President Marjorie Bota]: You have arranged to die?
[Andrew Martin]: In a sense I have. 
I am growing old, my body is deteriorating, and like all of you, will eventually cease to function. 
As a robot, I could have lived forever. 
But I tell you all today, I would rather die a man, than live for all eternity a machine.
[President Marjorie Bota]: Why do you want this? 
[Andrew Martin]: To be acknowledged for who and what I am, no more, no less. 
Not for acclaim, not for approval, but, the simple truth of that recognition. 
 This has been the elemental drive of my existence, and it must be achieved, if I am to live or die with dignity. 
[President Marjorie Bota]: Mister Martin, what you are asking for is extremely complex and controversial. 
It will not be an easy decision. 
I must ask for your patience while I take the necessary time to make a determination of this extremely delicate matter. 
[Andrew Marin]: And I await your decision, Madame Chairman, thank you for your patience.

What's right for most people in most situations isn't right for everyone in every situation! 
Real morality lies in following one's own heart. 
[Portia]

Do you know what it feels like to be in love with someone that is about to marry someone else? 
[Andrew Martin]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment