OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: MULAN [1998]

Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

MULAN [1998]

This Time,  
The Princess Saves The Prince


A single grain of rice can tip the scale.
One may be the difference between victory and defeat.
~The Emperor

You are a disgrace!
You may look like a bride, but you will never bring your family honor!
~The Matchmaker

Mulan: You shouldn't have to go!
Mother: Mulan...
Mulan: There are plenty of young men to fight for China.
Father: It is an honor to protect my country and my family.
Mulan: So, you'll die for honor.
Father: I will die doing what's right.
Mulan: But if you...
Father: I know my place!
It is time to learned yours.

First Ancestor: Mushu, awaken.
Mushu, after clanking several times: I liiiiveeee!!!!
So tell me what mortal needs my protection, great ancestor.
You just say the word and I'm there.
First Ancestor: Mushu...
Mushu: And let me say somethin'.
Anybody who's foolish enough to threaten our family, vengeance will be mineee!!!
First Ancestor: Mushu!
These are the family guardians. They...???
Mushu: Protect the family.
First Ancestor: And you, o demoted one?
Mushu: I... ring the gong.
First Ancestor: That's right.
Now, wake up the ancestors.
Mushu: One family reunion comin' right up.
[ring the gong]
Okay, people, people, look alive, let's go, come on, get up, let's move it, rise and shine.
Y'all way past the beauty sleep thing, trust me.

Mulan: Who are you?
Mushu: Who am I?
Who am I?
I am the guardian of lost souls.
I am the powerful, the pleasurable, the indestructible Mushu.

My ancestors send a little lizard to help me?
~Mulan

Mulan: You're tiny.
Mushu: Of course. I'm travel size for your convenience.
If I was my real size, your cow here [to the horse] would die of fright.

Mulan: Am I late?
Mushu: No time to talk. [feeds Mulan a spoon of porridge]
Now remember, it's your first day of training,
so listen to your teacher and no fightin', play nice with the other kids,
unless one of the other kids wanna fight, then you have to kick the other's kid's butt.

Prepare to fight.
If we die, we die in honor.
~Captain Shang


Your ancestors never sent me.
They don't even like me.
You risked your life to help people you love.
I risked your life to help myself.
At least you had good intentions.
~Mushu

Shan Yu: Bow to me!
The Emperor: No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.

Chi Fu: That creature's not worth protecting.
Shang: She's a hero.
Chi Fu: She's a woman.
She'll never be worth anything.


Take this [give his medal to Mulan],
so your family will know what you have done for me.
And this [give Shan Yu's sword to Mulan],
so the world will know what have you done for China.
~The Emperor

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty
~The Emperor, to Captain Shang

Mulan, kneel to his father: Father, I brought you the sword of Shan Yu.
And the crest of The Emperor.
They're gifts to honor the Fa family.
Father, hugs Mulan: The greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter.
Great, she brings home a sword.
If you ask me, she should've brought home a man.
~Grandmother

Captain Shang: Excuse me, does Fa Mulan live here?
[Grandmother and Mother point him the direction]
Thank you.
Grandmother: Whoo, sign me up for the next war.

Mulan, to Shang: Would you like to stay for dinner?
Grandmother, yelling from somewhere: Would you like to stay forever?


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment