OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: TOY STORY 2 [1999]

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

TOY STORY 2 [1999]

The Toys Are Back!







How long will it last, Woody? 
Do you really think Andy is going to take you to college, or on his honeymoon? 
Andy's growing up, and there's nothing you can do about it. 
It's your choice, Woody. 
You can go back, or you can stay with us and last forever. 
You'll be adored by children for generations.  
[Stinky Pete the Prospector]


[Stinky Pete the Prospector]: Idiots! Children destroy toys. 
You'll be ruined, forgotten, spending eternity rotting on some landfill. 
[Woody]: Well, Stinky Pete, I think it's time you learned the true meaning of playtime.







[Woody]: Look Jessie, I know you hate me for leaving, but I have to go back. 
I'm still Andy's toy. 
Well, if you knew him, you'd understand. See, Andy's..
[Jessie]: Let me guess. 
Andy's a real special kid, and to him, you're his buddy, his best friend, and when Andy plays with you it's like... even though you're not moving, you feel like you're alive, because that's how he sees you. 
[Woody]: How did you know that? 
[Jessie]: Because Emily was just the same. She was my whole world. 


Woody once risked his life to save mine, and I couldn't call myself his friend if I wasn't willing to do the same. 
Now who's with me? 
[Buzz Lightyear]


[Buzz Lightyear]: Woody, stop this nonsense and let's go. 
[Woody]: Nah, Buzz. [sighs] I can't go. 
I can't abandon these guys. They need me to get into this museum. 
Without me, they'll go back into storage. Maybe forever. 
[Buzz Lightyear]: Woody, you're not a collector's item, you're a child's plaything. 
You are a 'toy! 
[Woody]: For how much longer? 
One more rip, and Andy's done with me. 
And what do I do then, Buzz? Huh? You tell me. 
[Buzz Lightyear]: Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life's only worth living if you're being loved by a kid. 
And I traveled all this way to rescue that toy because I believed him. 





[Woody]: I have no choice, Buzz. This is my only chance.
[Buzz Lightyear]: To do what? 
Watch kids from behind glass and never be loved again? 
Some life.



[Buzz Lightyear]: You still worried?
[Woody]: About Andy? Nah, it will be fun while it lasts. 
[Buzz Lightyear]: I'm proud of you, cowboy. 
[Woody]: Besides, when it all ends I'll have old Buzz Lightyear to keep me company 
- for infinity and beyond. 


How do you spell FBI?
[Rex]

I'm sorry, honey, but you know... toys don't last forever.
[Andy's Mom]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment