OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE MATRIX [1999]

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

THE MATRIX [1999]

Believe the Unbelievable


Ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or dreaming?
~Neo

Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo.
I know what you've been doing.
I know why you hardly sleep,
why you live alone and why night after night, you sit at your computer.
You're looking for him.
I know, because I was once looking for the same thing.
And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him.
I was looking for an answer.
It's the question that drives us, Neo.
It's the question that brought you here.
You know the question, just as I did.
Neo: What is The Matrix?
Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo.
It's looking for you. And it will find you if you want it to.

You are The One, Neo.
You may have spent the last few years looking for me,
but I've spent my entire life looking for you.
~Morpheus

Trinity: Please, Neo, you have to trust me.
Neo: Why?
Trinity: Because you have been down there.
You know that road. You know exactly where it ends.
And I know that's not where you want to be.

Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.


Morpheus: Let me tell you why you're here.
You're here because you know something.
What you know, you can't explain.
But you feel it. You felt it your entire life.
Something's wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there.
Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
It is this feeling that has brought you to me.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
Neo: The Matrix?
Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
[Neo nodded]
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us.
Even now, in this very room.
You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television.
You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave.
Like everyone else, you were born into bondage,
born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch.
A prison for your mind.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real?
What if you were unable to wake from that dream?
How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
~Morpheus

The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world.
Built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this.
~Morpheus, showing a battery to Neo


You have to let it all go, Neo.
Fear, doubt and disbelief.
Free your mind.
~Morpheus

Morpheus: It's another training program designed to teach you one thing,
if you're not one of us, you are one of them.
Neo: What are they?
Morpheus: Sentient programs.
They can move in and out of any software still hardwired to their system.
That means that anyone we haven't unplugged is potentially an agent.
Inside The Matrix, they are everyone, and they are no one.

Morpheus: Sooner or later, someone will have to fight them.
Neo: Someone?
Morpheus: I won't lie to you, Neo.
Every single man or woman who has fought an agent has died.
But where thay have failed, you will succeed.
Neo: Why?
Morpheus: I've seen an agent punch through a concrete wall.
Man have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air.
Yet their strength and speed are still based in a world built on rules.
Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be.
Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo.
I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

Morpheus: She is the guide, Neo.
She can help you to find the path.
Neo: She helped you?
Morpheus: Yes.
Neo: What did she tell you?
Morpheus: That I would find The One.

Spoon Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible.
Instead, only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon Boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends.
It is only yourself.


Morpheus believes in you, Neo.
And no one, not you, not even me, can convince him otherwise.
He believes it so blindly that he's going to sacrifice his life to save yours.
You're going to have to make a choice.
In the one hand, you'll have Morpheus' life.
And in the other hand, you'll have your own.
One of you is going to die.
Which one, will be up to you.
I'm sorry, kiddo, I really am.
You have a good soul.
And I hate giving good people bad news.
Don't worry about it.
As soon as you step outside that door, you'll start feeling better.
You'll remember you don't believe in any of this fate crap.
You're in control of your own life.
Remember?
~Oracle

Let me tell you what I believe.
I believe Morpheus means more to me than he does to you.
I believe if you are really serious about saving him, you are going to need my help.
And since I am the ranking officer on this ship,
if you don't like it, I believe you can't go to hell.
Because you aren't going anywhere else.
~Trinity

It came to me when I tried to classify your species,
and I realized that you're not actually mammals.
Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops an equilibrium 
with the surrounding environment.
But you humans do not.
You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply 
until every natural resourse is consumed.
The only way you can survive is to spread to another area.
There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern.
Do you know what it is?
A virus.
Human beings are a disease.
A cancer of this planet, you are a plague.
And we... are the cure.
~Agent Smith

Neo, sooner or later you'll realize just as I did
there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
~Morpheus

Neo, I'm not afraid anymore.
The Oracle told me that I'd fall in love, and that the man I loved would be The One.
So you see, you can't be dead, you can't be.
Because I love you.
Do you hear me?
I love you.
~Trinity

I know you're out there. I can feel you now.
I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change.
I don't know the future.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end.
I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.
I'm gonna hang up this phone
and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see.
I'm going to show them a world without you.
A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries.
A world where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.
~Neo


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment