OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: RUNAWAY BRIDE [1999]

Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

RUNAWAY BRIDE [1999]

Catch Her If You Can



[Maggie Carpenter]: Is there one 'right' person for everyone?
[Ike Graham]: No, but I think attraction is mistaken for rightness. 

[Maggie Carpenter]: I wanted to tell you why I run - sometimes ride - away from things. 
[Ike Graham]: Does it matter?
[Maggie Carpenter]: I think so.  
[takes a deep breath] 
When I was walking down the aisle, I was walking toward somebody who didn't have any idea who I really was. 
And it was only half the other person's fault, because I had done everything to convince him that I was exactly what he wanted. 
So it was good that I didn't go through with it because it would have been a lie. 
But you - you knew the real me. 
[Ike Graham]: Yes, I did. 
[Maggie Carpenter]: I didn't. 
And you being the one at the end of the aisle didn't just fix that. 

[Maggie Carpenter]: Benedict. 
[Ike Graham]: Arnold. 
[Maggie Carpenter]: I love Eggs Benedict, I hate every other kind. 
I hate big weddings with everybody staring. 
I'd like to get married on a weekday while everybody's at work. 
And when I ride off into the sunset, I want my own horse.
[Ike Graham]: Should I be writing this down?



 You're a cynical, exploitive, mean-hearted creep 
who wouldn't know real love if it bit him in the armpit. 
[Maggie Carpenter]

Always a bride, never a bridesmaid! 
[Maggie Carpenter]





*****

No comments:

Post a Comment