OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: BRAVEHEART [1995]

Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

BRAVEHEART [1995]

Every Man Dies, 
Not Every Man Really Lives

It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom. 
[William Wallace]

There's a difference between us. 
You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. 
I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. 
And I go to make sure that they have it. 
[William Wallace]

Lower your flags and march straight back to England, 
stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. 
Do that and your men shall live. 
Do it not, and every one of you will die today.
[William Wallace]

I came back home to raise crops, and God willing, a family. 
If I can live in peace, I will. 
[William Wallace] 

We all end up dead, it's just a question of how and why. 
[William Wallace]




Give me the strength to die well. 
[William Wallace]


[Robert the Bruce]: I respect what you said, 
but remember that these men have lands and castles. 
It's much to risk. 
[William Wallace]: And the common man, who bleeds on the battlefield, does he risk less?


[Princess Isabelle]: The king desires peace. 
[William Wallace]: Longshanks desires peace? 
[Princess Isabelle]: He declares it to me, I swear it. 
He proposes that you withdraw your attack. 
In return he grants you title, estates, and this chest of gold which I am to pay to you personally. 
[William Wallace]: A lordship and titles. Gold. That I should become Judas? 
[Princess Isabelle]: Peace is made in such ways.
[William Wallace]: Slaves are made in such ways. 
The last time Longshanks spoke of peace I was a boy. 
And many Scottish nobles, who would not be slaves, 
were lured by him under a flag of truce to a barn, where he had them hanged. 
I was very young, but I remember Longshanks' notion of peace. 


[Robert the Bruce]: Lands, titles, men, power, nothing. 
[Robert's Father]: Nothing?
[Robert the Bruce]: I have nothing. 
Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and their children. 
Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk, they fought for William Wallace, 
and he fights for something that I never had. 
And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. 
I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it's tearing me apart. 
[Robert's Father]: All men betray. All lose heart. 
[Robert the Bruce]: I don't wanna lose heart. I wanna believe as he does. 




[Robert the Bruce]: Now, you've achieved more than anyone ever dreamed. 
But, fighting these odds, it looks like rage, not courage.
[William Wallace]: It's well beyond rage. 
Help me. In the name of Christ, help yourselves. 
Now is our chance. Now. 
If we join, we can win. 
If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: 
a country of our own.




Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it. 
[Malcolm Wallace]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment