OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: FORREST GUMP [1994]

Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

FORREST GUMP [1994]

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates...
You Never Know What You're Gonna Get






Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. 
[Forrest Gump] 




Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. 
From that day on, if I was going somewhere, I was running! 
[Forrest Gump]

Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere. 
[Forrest Gump]

You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 
'Cause I don't remember bein' born. 
I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. 
But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world. 
[Forrest Gump]


[Dorothy Harris]: Are you coming along?
[Young Forrest Gump]: Mama said not to be taking rides from strangers. 
[Dorothy Harris]: This is the bus to school.
[Young Forrest Gump]: I'm Forrest, Forrest Gump. 
[Dorothy Harris]: I'm Dorothy Harris. 
[Young Forrest Gump]: Well, now we ain't strangers anymore.







[Jenny Curran]: Do you ever dream, Forrest, about who you're gonna be?
[Forrest Gump]: Who I'm gonna be? 
[Jenny Curran]: Yeah.
[Forrest Gump]: Aren't-aren't I going to be me?

[Jenny Curran]: His name's Forrest.
[Forrest Gump]: Like me. 
[Jenny Curran]: I named him after his daddy.
[Forrest Gump]: He got a daddy named Forrest, too?
[Jenny Curran]: You're his daddy, Forrest.


Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here. 
[Young Jenny Curran]


[Lieutenant Daniel Taylor]: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
[Forrest Gump]: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for Him, sir.


Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. 
You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. 
Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. 
Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. 
There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. 
That- that's about it
[Bubba]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment