OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: SENSE AND SENSIBILITY [1995]

Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY [1995]

Lose Your Heart and Come to Your Senses







Is love a fancy or a feeling...
[Marianne]


[Marianne]: Is there any felicity in the world superior to this?
[Margaret]: I told you it would rain.
[Marianne]: There is some blue sky, let us chase it!




What do you know of my heart? 
What do you know of anything but your own suffering. 
For weeks, Marianne, I've had this pressing on me without being at liberty to speak of it to a single creature. 
It was forced on me by the very person whose prior claims ruined all my hope. 
I have endured her exultations again and again whilst knowing myself to be divided from Edward forever. 
Believe me, Marianne, had I not been bound to silence I could have provided proof enough of a broken heart, even for you. 
[Elinor Dashwood]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment