OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL [1994]

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL [1994]

Love Is On The Air, Run For Cover
[Gareth]: I've got a new theory about marriage. 
Two people are in love, they live together, and then suddenly one day, they run out of conversation.
[Charles]: Uh-huh
[Gareth]: Totally. I mean they can't think of a single thing to say to each other. 
That's it: panic! 
Then suddenly it-it occurs to the chap that there is a way out of the deadlock.
[Charles]: Which is? 
[Garteh]: He'll ask her to marry him.
[Charles]: Brilliant! Brilliant! 
[Gareth]: Suddenly they've got something to talk about for the rest of their lives.
[Charles]: Basically you're saying marriage is just a way of getting out of an embarrassing pause in conversation. 
[Gareth]: The definitive icebreaker.



[Charles]: Let me ask you one thing. 
Do you think - after we've dried off, after we've spent lots more time together - 
you might agree *not* to marry me? 
And do you think not being married to me might maybe be something you could consider doing for the rest of your life? 
[Carrie]: I do. 

[Carrie]: Why do you think it's called "honeymoon"? 
[Charles]: Um, I don't know... 
I suppose it's, uh, "honey" because it's sweet as honey, 
and "moon" because it's the first time a husband got to see his wife's bottom. 



*****

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can earn dollars by locking selected pages of your blog / site?
    Simply join Mgcash and use their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete