OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY [1995]

Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY [1995]



[Francesca]: Robert, please. You don't understand, no-one does. 
When a woman makes the choice to marry, to have children; 
in one way her life begins but in another way it stops. 
You build a life of details. 
You become a mother, a wife and you stop and stay steady so that your children can move. 
And when they leave they take your life of details with them. 
And then you're expected move again only you don't remember what moves you because no-one has asked in so long. 
Not even yourself. 
You never in your life think that love like this can happen to you.
[Robert Kincaid]: But now that you have it... 
[Francesca]: I want to keep it forever. 
I want to love you the way I do now the rest of my life. 
Don't you understand... we'll lose it if we leave. 
I can't make an entire life disappear to start a new one. 
All I can do is try to hold onto to both. 
Help me. Help me not lose loving you. 


I had thoughts about him I hardly knew what to do with, and he read every one. 
Whatever I wanted, he gave himself up to, and in that moment everything I knew to be true about myself was gone. 
I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before. 
[Francesca]

I realized love won't obey our expectations, it's mystery is pure and absolute. 
[Francesca]

They came home. And with them, my life of details. 
[Francesca]


The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but glad I had them.
[Robert Kincaid]

When I think of why I make pictures, the reason that I can come up with just seems that I've been making my way here. 
It seems right now that all I've ever done in my life is making my way here to you. 
[Robert Kincaid]





*****

1 comment:

  1. The most romantic film and these things do happen which makes it so real.

    ReplyDelete