OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: THE LION KING [1994]

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

THE LION KING [1994]

The Circle of Life



[Mufasa]: Look, Simba. Everything the light touches is our kingdom. 
[Young Simba]: Wow. 
[Mufasa]: A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. 
One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king. 
[Young Simba]: And this'll all be mine? 
[Mufasa]: Everything. 
[Young Simba]: Everything the light touches... 



[Young Simba]: Dad? 
[Mufasa]: Hmm?
[Young Simba]: We're pals, right?
[Mufasa]: Right.
[Young Simba]: And we'll always be together, right? 
[Mufasa]: Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. 
Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars.
[Young Simba]: Really? 
[Mufasa]: Yes. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I. 



[Adult Simba]: I know what I have to do. 
But going back will mean facing my past. I've been running from it for so long. 
*Rafiki hits Simba on the head with his stick* 
Ow! Jeez, what was that for? 
[Rafiki]: It doesn't matter. It's in the past.
[Adult Simba]: Yeah, but it still hurts. 
[Rafiki]: Oh yes, the past can hurt. 
But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. 



*****

 

No comments:

Post a Comment