OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE: THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLE [1994]

Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE: THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLE [1994]

Interview with the Vampire
Drink From Me and Live Forever 


You'll need a lot of tape for my story.
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

Louis: Let me turn on the light.
Daniel: I thought vampires didn't like light.
Louis: We love it.

Daniel, stratled by how fast Louis move: How the hell did you do that?
Louis: The same as you do, a series of simple gestures.
Only I moved too fast for you to see.
I'm flesh and blood, but not human.
I haven't been human for 200 years.

I wanted to lose it all; my wealth, my estate, my sanity.
Most of all, I longed for death.
I know that now, I invited it.
A release from the pain of living.
My invitation was open to anyone.
To the whore at my side, to the pimp that followed.
But it was a vampire that accepted.
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

Lestat: I've drained you to the point of death.
If I leave you here, you'll die.
Or, you can be young always, my friend, as we are now.
But you must tell me, will you come or no?
Louis: Yes...

The world had changed, yet stayed the same.
I was a newborn vampire, weeping at the beauty of the night.
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

Daniel: What about crucifixes? Can you look at them?
Louis: Actually, I'm quite fond of looking at crucifixes.
Daniel: And the stake through the heart?
Louis: Nonsense.
Daniel: Coffins, how about coffins?
Louis: Coffins, unfortunately, are a necessity.



Louis, after drink rat's blood: We can live like this? On animal blood?
Lestat: I wouldn't call it living. Call it surviving.

Lestat killed 2, sometimes 3 a night.
A fresh young girl was his favorite for the first of the evening.
For seconds, he preffered a gilded, beautiful youth.
But the snob in him loved to hunt in society.
The blood of aristocrat thrilled him best of all.
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

Feed on what you will; rats, chickens, poodles...
I'll leave you to it and watch you come around.
But just remember, life without me would be even more unbearable.
~Lestat de Lioncourt

Louis: We belong in hell.
Lestat: What if there is no hell? Or they don't want us there?
Ever think of that?

Her blood coursed in my veins sweeter than life itself.
And as it did, Lestat's words made sense to me.
I knew peace only when I killed.
When I heard her heart in that terrible rhythm, I knew what peace could be.
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

Evil is a point of view.
God kills indiscriminately, and so shall we.
For no creatures under God are as we are.
None so like Him as ourselves.
~Lestat de Lioncourt

To me, she was a child.
But to Lestat, a pupil, an infant prodigy with a lust for killing like his own.
~Louis, about Claudia

Claudia, screaming after saw her hair grew back: WHICH ONE OF YOU DID IT?!
[to Lestat] WHICH ONE OF YOU DID IT?!
WHICH ONE OF YOU MADE ME THE WAY I AM?! 
Lestat: What you are? 
A vampire gone insane, that pollutes its own bed!
Claudia: And if I cut my hair again?
Lestat: It will grow back again.
Claudia: But it wasn't always so!
I had a mother once.
And Louis... he had a wife.
He was mortal, same as she. AND SO WAS I!!!
Louis: Claudia...
Claudia, to Lestat: You made us what we are, didn't you?
Lestat: Stop her.
Claudia: Did you do it to me?

Louis: You will never grow old. And you will never die.
Claudia: And it means something else too, doesn't it?
I shall never ever grow up.

Claudia: You... fed on me.
Louis: Yes...
And he found me with you.
Then he cut his wrist and fed you from him,
and you were a vampire then and have been every night thereafter.
Claudia: You both did it!
Louis: I took your life, he gave you another one.
Claudia: And here it is. 
I hate you both!



I was mortal till you gave me your immortal kiss.
You became my mother and my father.
And so I'm yours forever.
~Claudia

Lestat: You let me drink dead blood?
Claudia: One lesson you taught me, never drink from the dead!
Lestat, crawling on the floor: Put me in my coffin...
Claudia: I'LL PUT YOU IN YOUR COFFIN!!!
[slice his throat]



Claudia: He deserved to die.
Louis: Then perhaps so do we, every night of our lives.
He was my maker.
He gave me this life, whatever it is.
It shouldn't have been this way.
Claudia: I did it for us, Louis. So we could be free.

Lestat, we deserve your vengeance.
You gave me the dark gift and I delivered you into the hands of death for the second time.
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

For what could the damned really have to say to the damned?
~Louis de Pointe du Lac

Louis: Vampires who pretend to be humans pretending to be vampires.
Claudia: How avant-garde.

Louis: So you have the answers.
Armand: Do you have a question?
Louis: What are we?
Armand: Nothing, if not vampires.

Louis: Then there is nothing?
Armand: Perhaps. But perhaps, this is the only real evil left.
Louis: Then God does not exist?
Armand: I know nothing of God, or the Devil.
I have never seen a vision, nor learned a secret that would damn or save my soul.

As far as I know after 400 years, I am the oldest living vampire in the world. 
~Armand



You gave her for me, Louis. Do this before you leave me!
[hugs Louis] Oh God, I love you still.
That's the torment of it.
Who'll care for me, my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
~Claudia

Louis: Bear me no ill, my love, we are now even.
Claudia: What do you mean?
Louis: What died in that room was not that woman.
What has died is the last breath in me that was human.
Claudia: Yes, Father. At least we are even.

You regret nothing.
You feel nothing.
If that's all I have left to learn, I can do that on my own.
~Louis, to Armand

Daniel: You don't understand yourself.
You're not empty.
What I wouldn't give to be like you, to have your power, to have seen the things you have seen.
Louis: You haven't been listening.
Daniel: Yes, I have been listening.
You story is incredible. It's amazing.
Louis: Do what you want with it.
Give it to others. Learn what you can.
Daniel: There's only one way I'll truly learn and you know it.
You brought me here for a reason, didn't you?
Louis: What reason would that be?
Daniel: You want a companion.
You want a link to the outside world. 
That's me! Take me! That's what I want.
 I refuse to let it end like this.
Louis: God, I've failed again.
Daniel: You haven't failed. God has nothing to do with it.

Oh, Louis, Louis... still whining.
[to Daniel] Have you heard enough?
I've had to listen to that for centuries.
~Lestat, listening the interview tape

Don't be afraid.
I'm ging to give you the choice I never had.
~Lestat de Lioncourt


*****  

No comments:

Post a Comment