OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: NATURAL BORN KILLERS [1994]

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

NATURAL BORN KILLERS [1994]

The Media Made Them Superstars

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. 
She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. 
She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. 
One day the snake bit her on the cheek. 
As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" 
And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake." 
[Old Indian]


It's fate, you know. Nobody can stop fate, nobody can. 
[Mickey]

It's just murder. All God's creatures do it. 
You look in the forests and you see species killing other species, 
our species killing all species including the forests, and we just call it industry, not murder.
[Mickey]

Even ugliness looks beautiful next to you. 
[Mickey]

You can't hide from your shadow. 
[Mickey]

You'll never understand, Wayne. You and me, we're not even the same species. 
I used to be you, then I evolved. 
From where you're standing, you're a man. From where I'm standing, you're an ape. 
You're not even an ape. You're a media person. 
Media's like the weather, only it's man-made weather. 
Murder? It's pure.
You're the one made it impure. You're buying and selling fear. 
You say "why?" I say "why bother?" 
[Mickey]








Baby... by the power invested in me, as God of my world... I pronounce us husband and wife.
[Mickey]



*****

No comments:

Post a Comment