OB40mukEXQ6QZ1740xdjwF1LEQ4 Quote to Remember: EVITA [1996]

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

EVITA [1996]

The Most Anticipated Motion Picture Event of the Year



Just listen to that! The voice of Argentina! We are "adored"! We are "loved"! 
[Eva Peron]

Put me down for a lifetime of success. Give me credit, I'll find ways of paying. 
[Eva Peron]




Have I said too much? There's nothing more I can think of to say to you. 
But all you have to do is look at me to know that every word is true. 
[Eva Peron]

Where do we go from here? This isn't where we intended to be. 
We had it all, you believed in me, I believed in you. 
Certainties disappear. What do we do for our dream to survive? 
How do we keep all our passions alive as we used to do? 
Deep in my heart I'm concealing things that I'm longing to say. 
Scared to confess what I'm feeling - frightened you'll slip away. 
You must love me. You must love me.
[Eva Peron]




Okay, she couldn't act but she had the right friends, 
and we all know a career depends on knowing the right fella to be stellar!
[Che]

Yeah, just one shell, and governments fall like flies! Kapow! Die! They stumble and fall! Bye-bye - backs to the wall! 
Aim high - we're having a ball! The tank and bullet rule as democracy dies! 
[Che]

Juan always picks the easy fight. Juan praises fools, Juan smothers light. 
Juan shifts from left to right. 
Politics - the art of the possibles. 
[Che]

High flying, adored. 
Did you believe in your wildest moments all this would be yours, that you'd become the lady of them all? 
Were there stars in your eyes when you crawled in at night - from the bars, from the sidewalks, from the gutter theatrical? 
Don't look down, it's a long, long way to fall.
[Che]


[Juan Peron]: But, on the other hand - she's all they have. 
She's a diamond in their dull gray lives - and that's the hardest kind of stone - it usually survives. 
And when you think about it, can you recall the last time they loved anyone at all? 
She's not a bauble you can brush aside. 
She's been out doing what we just talked about - example: Gave us back our businesses, got the English out. 
And when you think about it, well, why not do one or two of the things we promised to? 
But on the other hand, she's slowing down. She's lost a little of that magic drive. 
But I would not advise those critics present to derive any satisfaction from her fading star. 
She's the one whose kept us where we are. 
[Peron's General]: She's the one... who's kept "you" where "you" are.



***** 

No comments:

Post a Comment